Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 1:23 pm

Yesterday, my cat jumped into a paper bag from the store, pulled out a plastic bag containing latex gloves, tore it open and began tossing the gloves in the air and sucking on them. So, I just let that be his new toy.

My cat opens the medicine cabinet, knocks down the box of Q-tips and he takes 1 or 2 out and plays with them non-stop. He's been doing this for 2 weeks.

He opens and shuts pantry doors over and over just to do it.

He's 8 months old and I think this shows he's a pretty smart kitty.

Does anyone else have a cat who does things like this?

He also loves to play with fuzzy pipe cleaners and he takes them into his carrier to sleep with him.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 1:29 pm

Mine has us trained so when he want to go to the bathroom to eat we end up going too, he doesn't like to eat alone.

Xay
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Mar 2009, 1:31 pm

My cat opens doors because she thinks that gets her fed. Sometimes it does. Other times, I just want to watch her open doors and look up expectantly at me.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 1:33 pm

Wow you should get a video of that^^

I have one that jumps on my back whenever he wants to get on top of things....I think he still thinks he's a kitten. My other cat will try and jump by grabbing the doorknob when he wants out. He's not the first cat I've had do that!

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 1:46 pm

my kitty learned to TRICK ME.

she wants to roam around the house, but i live w other people, so i only let her out during the day.
during the evening, ill let her OUTSIDE the window

so, she'd stand by the door and meow, and i'd ignore her.

she'd stand by the window and meow, and i'd open the window.

so she began to go to the window and meow, and when i got up, she'd run to the door. trixy little kitty!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 3:19 pm

My cat knows how to open doors, he just doesn't have the opposable thumbs to grip the knob with...but he sure as heck tries his hardest.

He used to climb ladders...had one going to the top bunk, and he'd always go up it...then it broke, so he has to jump up there.

philosopherBoi wrote:
Mine has us trained so when he want to go to the bathroom to eat we end up going too, he doesn't like to eat alone.

Mine does that too, it's weird...he'll meow, and I'll ask what he wants, and he makes me follow him to the bathroom...I look, and he's got plenty of food and water. If I try to go away without petting him first while he eats, he'll come back out and get my attention again.