What's the term in English to describe this kind of person?

Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2009, 3:26 pm

I thought of a good example: the kind of person that when someone tells them that they don't like to hear them say a certain thing, they start saying it all the time and laughing.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2009, 5:20 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Greentea wrote:
I've been looking for a term to describe a certain kind of behavior, a term that exists in Spanish but I don't know in English. The person I mean tends to be most of the time in a laughing mood, mostly laughing at others and at situations. They behave as if they were silly but they're not really silly. They tend to talk loudly and when asked a serious question they'll answer mocking the question (and indirectly, the person who asked it). They're mostly concerned with looking cool and unbothered by anything and looking down on everyone else with desdain except their close friends.

Eg:

A) I rescued a duckling from the ice covered lake and now it's at my house.
B) LOL you should cook it for dinner! LOL
A) I'm trying to learn about how to care for it till the spring, when he'll be able to go back to the lake...
B) Haha why don't you put it in the freezer so it starts getting used to winters? haha

A) So how did it go at the exam?
B) LOL I must've gotten a zero, I hadn't studied anything at all haha
A) Are you worried?
B) Don't worry be happy! Haha!

A) I heard you were in Europe for the holidays, did you have a good time?
B) Haha gootime, gootime! haha
A) What countries were you in?
B) All of them! LOL Just went chasing after each blonde that passed by hahaha LOL

How about jerk?

ruveyn

I like the way you leave a short rude comment like that, but still put your name underneath :lol:

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 12:52 pm

I think I've found the closest term. Here's a link