Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

MomofBrizzle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2009, 12:29 am

I am so glad to have found this site! I'm Mandie, I am a self-dx aspie and the mother of 3. My youngest has asperger's, OCD, sensory intigration and possible adhd. She is 5. I found the answers to my past while researching asperger's for her. It makes SOOOO much sense now.

I have always felt like no one understood me, and struggled to maintain friendships throughout my life (to say the least). I am 31 and a single mom.

I love listening to music, drawing, surfing the web, reading (just about anything), finding quiet time, writing etc. etc.

I find parenting an aspie really rough. I love her with my whole heart, but sometimes I feel like I can't take it. Her meltdowns (freequent) often end up triggering my anxiety and my own sensory sensetivity. We are working on it. She is also so smart and funny. She frequently takes me by surprise with her observations and wierd comments. She is honest to a fault (a lot like me) and completely blunt (not so like me). Often in public she will announce that someone is so beautiful or handsome, unfortunatly she also has no problem pointing and saying things like "hey mom, that person is really fat" or "look how old that lady is". She finds reason to scream "this is the worst day ever" at least once or twice a day, and often tells me that I am the worst mom ever because I might tell her no, or it's bed time, or put a limit on her video game time.

Sorry to go on about my child...I know there is a parenting forum and I'm sure I will be spending quite a bit of time there. It just feels so good to have a place that understands...finally. It has been a long and lonely battle parenting her and the answers are finally starting to show up.

As for me? I am so excited to meet people here. I have had to work so hard to appear NT that to find a place that I can just be myself is a huge releif to say the least. ...(lol, I am actually crying...literaly, I can't stop...s**t, I'm just so glad it is not just me).

JeffJ
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Mar 2009, 12:37 am

yes I would adequately describe this forum as something of a home. Welcome to Wrongplanet!

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 1:59 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet, MomofBrizzle!

dedhead66
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Mar 2009, 9:23 am

Hello and welcome . Many of the members here will be able to relate to raising an aspie child and will be a good source of inspiration when you feel as if you're alone in the world.

MomofBrizzle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2009, 10:25 am

Thanks you guys for the nice welcome, hope to get to know each of you better! :D

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 10:55 am

Welcome to the Wrong Planet neighborhood, Mandie. And also welcome home.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Mar 2009, 3:35 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 5:07 pm

I too am glad you found this site.

Tim_Tex
Veteran