have you ever been sexually abused, harassed, or assaulted?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Have you ever been sexually abused, harassed, or assaulted?
I am and AS female and I HAVE been sexually abused, harassed, or assaulted. 18%  18%  [ 18 ]
I am and AS female and I HAVE been sexually abused, harassed, or assaulted. 18%  18%  [ 18 ]
I am an AS female and I HAVE NOT been sexually abused, harassed, or assaulted. 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
I am an AS female and I HAVE NOT been sexually abused, harassed, or assaulted. 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
I am and AS male and I HAVE been sexually abused, harassed, or assaulted. 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
I am and AS male and I HAVE been sexually abused, harassed, or assaulted. 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
I am and AS male and I HAVE NOT been sexually abused, harassed, or assaulted. 21%  21%  [ 21 ]
I am and AS male and I HAVE NOT been sexually abused, harassed, or assaulted. 21%  21%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 102

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2005, 4:26 pm

I have a theory that AS people are more vulnerable to abuse and mistreatment in general, and along with this would go sexual abuse and assault. You don't have to give details, you can just vote in the poll.

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2005, 4:44 pm

I wonder how the abuse rates differ between NT and AS in general, as well as between men and women in general.

I remember reading that being a victim of rape is just as common for men as it is for women somewhere (but it was from the internet :s ), not sure how true it would be though....

I do know that domestic violence rates are pretty much equal, with husbands being more-or-less equally likely to be the victim as wives are. Though husbands are more likely to cause serious physical harm than wives are.

Probably a touchy topic. Hmm.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2005, 4:50 pm

Yes...I have been sexually molested and harrased.

I was molested at age 12,and sexual harrassed from gardes 4th to 8th.

-SpaceCase :cry:

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2005, 4:52 pm

No, I haven't ever been sexually abused, and I never plan to be. However, I live with a constant fear that someone will try to molest me, which is why I don't let people touch me without my permission.

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2005, 7:26 pm

I've dealt with a lot of unwanted sexual advances. I think it had less to do with AS and more to do with developing early. Having an hourglass figure at the age of 11 isn't exactly fun.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2005, 11:12 pm

I've had men expose themselves and masturbate while I was waiting or riding on the bus several times. The bus could be full of people yet somehow, they always pick me for harassment.

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

01 Jan 2006, 7:48 am

Yupa wrote:
No, I haven't ever been sexually abused, and I never plan to be.

Who "plans to be"?!?!?

I wont say how I fit the "yes" catagory, but I will say this: So help me, it wont happen again.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 2:41 pm

Unfortunately I can answer "yes" to two of the options in the first option. One of them was being sexually harassed by a neighbor for YEARS. He would approach me and I would feel completely speechless and "frozen." I told my husband about it but he didn't do anything, I don't know why. So it just continued. It occured to me after the fact that maybe a "normal" woman would have spoken up, reported him, defended herself if at last verbally... told other people, sought out more help. I just felt completely "frozen" by this and my response was to hide. After a while I was afraid to leave my house.

It's not an issue anymore, thank god.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 7:40 pm

Not sexually abused, thank god. It may be worth noting (following your theory) that I was physically abused for about ten years or so by my adoptive father, and assumed it was normal, or that I deserved it, as this is what I was being told- but I was always, always angry. Some part of me knew it was wrong.

merll2005
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jan 2006, 1:11 am

I was harrassed as "gay" because I wasn't really all that concerned with girls and actually had respect for women unlike the "gangstas" at my school. One of my female friends was assulted recently and it is a very good thing I will never meet it.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 2:56 am

I have never been sexually abused or assaulted, thank God. The idea of it is terrifying, and I hope that it never happens to me. I have had teenage boys, especially those I don't know/never seen before, say stupid things. That has only happened when I have been with a group of my girl friends, and the dumb boys were talking not just to me, but to the whole group of us. I don't know if that necessarily counts as harassment.

aprillove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2006, 5:06 pm

unfortunately, i'm one of the ones who have been--nearly all of my childhood in fact. multiple perps until i was 17 and finally left that h*** house.

then right after i turned 19, i had a third shift job which was great for me because there was hardly any people there, but not so great in that i became a target for a serial rapist who kidnapped me.

april

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 8:32 pm

aprillove wrote:
...finally left that h*** house...

...but not so great in that i became a target for a serial rapist who kidnapped me...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2006, 9:30 pm

Larval wrote:
I remember reading that being a victim of rape is just as common for men as it is for women somewhere (but it was from the internet :s ), not sure how true it would be though....

I do know that domestic violence rates are pretty much equal, with husbands being more-or-less equally likely to be the victim as wives are. Though husbands are more likely to cause serious physical harm than wives are.

Probably a touchy topic. Hmm.
men are not allowed to talk about it unless it can be framed as some kind of strength or victory.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill