If you could exchange AS for another minority group

Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 8:48 am

What I would choose would be half black half caucasian NT, living in the US, lol. I've known people who are mixed race and I knew one girl who had the coolest hair and she was so beautiful. I wouldn't mind being her.

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 10:06 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
What I would choose would be half black half caucasian NT, living in the US, lol. I've known people who are mixed race and I knew one girl who had the coolest hair and she was so beautiful. I wouldn't mind being her.

Totally! I'd love to have cool black hair - green eyes - carmel skin - be 5'10" and have a nice ass. ;) And while we're stereotyping - be able sing and move like a black girl.

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2009, 10:38 am

I would not.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 10:45 am

Irulan wrote:
That’s obvious for everybody but I mean those people who don’t belong to any other minority group except for AS.

I was about to answer the topic question but then I read this part and um... I guess I won't, hee. :roll:
I'm already an ethnic minority, non-straight person so it's not a hypothetical situation for me! 8)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 10:46 am

MmeLePen wrote:
cool black hair

Her hair wasn't black, it was a mixture of colors, browns and reds, plus it was really wavy and had tons of body.
She would put her hair up with bobby pins and made something that looked puffy and when I tried to do the same with my hair, it was flat and the bobby pins fell out.

Quote:
green eyes

her eyes were brown.

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 11:18 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
MmeLePen wrote:
cool black hair

Her hair wasn't black, it was a mixture of colors, browns and reds, plus it was really wavy and had tons of body.
She would put her hair up with bobby pins and made something that looked puffy and when I tried to do the same with my hair, it was flat and the bobby pins fell out.

Quote:
green eyes

her eyes were brown.

Well - when I say black - I mean "black" texture - as in African. (I sound sooooo un-PC!)

Anyway - not spec-ing out the perfect mixed-race girl - but we both agree its a heady blend. (To use a wine metaphor)

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2009, 12:52 pm

I like what I am, but if I had to change, I'd remain Atheist, but if it had to be something already different I'd choose being unable to walk or something...
EMZ=]

LifeOfTheSpectrum
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Mar 2009, 1:35 pm

I'd be black. :D

funnymachine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2009, 1:41 pm

ouinon wrote:
Rich people! That is the only minority group which I could confidently say is having it easier. I choose that one.

That's brilliant I choose to be in the top 1% of the income bracket instead of having AS...

Awesome

Thanks for providing me with that choice :-)

funnymachine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2009, 1:44 pm

LifeOfTheSpectrum wrote:

I thought about that but define minority - are black people really a minority group any more?

You know, maybe I should become the Martin Luther King of Autism...

Who wants to join my movement...

One day a man's worth will not be valued by the colour of his soul...

Whose rainbow is it anyway!

funnymachine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2009, 1:47 pm

MmeLePen wrote:
I'd love to have cool black hair - green eyes - carmel skin - be 5'10" and have a nice ass. ;) And while we're stereotyping - be able sing and move like a black girl.

Where do you live - the black girls here are all short, move like jelly and bray like donkeys :twisted:

funnymachine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2009, 1:52 pm

LifeOfTheSpectrum wrote:

Ka Ching *sound of penny dropping*

Autistic brain slowly whirls into gear - I get it... You are black...

Whimsi-Cal
Raven
Raven

25 Mar 2009, 1:57 pm

Irulan wrote:
This is the question for those people who wouldn’t like to have it: if you could become neurotypical but for the price of some sacrifice – you can go back to normal but instead of it you automatically become a member of another minority group chosen by you, which one would you choose?

I don't understand the logic of this question. Autism and AS occurs in all ethnic groups. There are even some gay AS people so this question is confusing to me. Is this question only for white people with a spectrum disorder?

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 2:00 pm

funnymachine wrote:
MmeLePen wrote:
I'd love to have cool black hair - green eyes - carmel skin - be 5'10" and have a nice ass. ;) And while we're stereotyping - be able sing and move like a black girl.

Where do you live - the black girls here are all short, move like jelly and bray like donkeys :twisted:

Yikes.

Atlanta, GA. Lot's of gorgeous black girls (and guys).

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 2:06 pm

Whimsi-Cal wrote:
Irulan wrote:
This is the question for those people who wouldn’t like to have it: if you could become neurotypical but for the price of some sacrifice – you can go back to normal but instead of it you automatically become a member of another minority group chosen by you, which one would you choose?

I don't understand the logic of this question. Autism and AS occurs in all ethnic groups. There are even some gay AS people so this question is confusing to me. Is this question only for white people with a spectrum disorder?

Women also still have minority status in some areas. Yeah - the math gets all goofed up.

Hence the tongue and cheek. (At least from me - I've got so much "minority" flowing through me I'm a majority"....???)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 2:09 pm

Whimsi-Cal wrote:

Minority groups in the US are typically, black, latino, Native American, Asian, ect, based on ethnicity.
Gays would like to be included even though technically, gay is not an ethnic group.
Then you have other minorities who aren't minorities due to ethnicity or being gay. AS would be in these minorities.
I guess you have to be in the majority and have AS or imagine yourself living somewhere where you are the majority and think of what it would be like to be one of the minorities.