Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2009, 5:05 pm

Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.
-Isaiah 44:6

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Apr 2009, 11:29 pm

i think god needed help in making us. preferably from a female, thats why he said , "let us make man in our image" if it was all him all the time he would have said, "let me make man in my image" but then again maybe he was just trying to be polite and politically correct

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 12:26 am

richardbenson wrote:
i think god needed help in making us. preferably from a female, thats why he said , "let us make man in our image" if it was all him all the time he would have said, "let me make man in my image" but then again maybe he was just trying to be polite and politically correct

Considering God's record of actions in the Bible, the concept that God could be either polite or politically correct is one of the funniest things I have heard so far.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Apr 2009, 12:30 am

your absolutley right. im so happy i didnt live back then, i've talked back to my parents many times among other sinful things and probably would have been stoned to death :lol:

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 12:40 am

richardbenson wrote:
"let us make man in our image" if it was all him all the time he would have said, "let me make man in my image"

Hmm, that's quite interesting............

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 8:36 am

greenblue wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
"let us make man in our image" if it was all him all the time he would have said, "let me make man in my image"

Hmm, that's quite interesting............

Let's see.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 8:39 am

Is anyone else even faintly amused at humans trying to tell God how He should phrase His comments?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Apr 2009, 11:36 am

that isnt a problem for me because im not human, besides thats all we have to work with so im just using what i think to the best of my ability. also im pretty shure its common sence. common sence rules

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 11:58 am

richardbenson wrote:
that isnt a problem for me because im not human, besides thats all we have to work with so im just using what i think to the best of my ability. also im pretty shure its common sence. common sence rules

Since nobody can really figure out what goes on in the mind of a grasshopper, a bat, a starfish or Groucho Marx, don't you think it a bit presumptuous to attempt to read the mind of God?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Apr 2009, 12:04 pm

i mean what do you think he ment then? maybe he was running for an election that yar and needed moar votes so the only way to get man made was to include everybody

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 12:12 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i mean what do you think he ment then? maybe he was running for an election that yar and needed moar votes so the only way to get man made was to include everybody

You seem totally uninformed as to the nature of God. Assuming He had a democratic moment, who was his opponent? Not Satan. Satan could never pass a morality check. And under a democracy he should have created more than one voter. It's an intriguing thought, nevertheless.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Apr 2009, 12:16 pm

what is the nature of god then? seems like you know. i guess i just get hung up on words so when i see "our" i think of more than one.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 1:57 pm

richardbenson wrote:
what is the nature of god then? seems like you know. i guess i just get hung up on words so when i see "our" i think of more than one.

It depends upon which God you accept. Some are multiple, some are single and some are some sort of miasmic vapor, like an essence not tangible similar to the odor of a rose or a fart depending on His mood. But democracy is never mentioned in the Bible in reference to God.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 5:00 pm

Sand wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

It depends upon which God you accept. Some are multiple, some are single and some are some sort of miasmic vapor, like an essence not tangible similar to the odor of a rose or a fart depending on His mood. But democracy is never mentioned in the Bible in reference to God.

... quite the opposite. From King David to St. Paul's remark, that all authority is from god.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 11:07 pm

Dussel wrote:
Sand wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

... quite the opposite. From King David to St. Paul's remark, that all authority is from god.

And that authority is never leavened by democracy.