Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 10:30 am

Does anyone else find it just a wee bit insulting that police can't vouch for OUR safety yet can cope with 'regular' protesters? I dunno, maybe I am just being a bit sensitive... Besides, how would they know if a person with AS turned up, it's not like we LOOK autistic!

Jenna_Appleseed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2009, 7:58 pm

could've sworn I'd already posted this in this thread :? but mabe the police are/were terrified of getting into ****/trouble with the media etc. if they caused mass distress by 'kettling'/penning in people on the spectrum and/or attacking 'them' with battons etc.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 8:07 pm

Jellybean wrote:
Does anyone else find it just a wee bit insulting that police can't vouch for OUR safety yet can cope with 'regular' protesters? I dunno, maybe I am just being a bit sensitive... Besides, how would they know if a person with AS turned up, it's not like we LOOK autistic!

Do you live here? Basically they're saying 'if you turn up to protest, we'll potentially traumatise you for life'.

The police are an arm of the state, they don't serve the people.

cc469
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jul 2009, 12:06 pm

Police is used to mess up protests in nearly every part of the world it's not rare in england.
it's not legal but who enforces the law on the enforcement arm?

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 12:50 am

FREE MCKINNON!

It's more than the autistics who want to free him! There's a lot of people on the net who want this

Cynic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Aug 2009, 8:57 pm

Tequila wrote:
The police are an arm of the state, they don't serve the people.

100% true.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 7:53 am

they are probably just feeling a little awkward, the mets 'agent provocateurs' havent got the first idea how to infiltrate an 'autistic' mob. :)

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 12:55 pm

Quote:
Do you live here? Basically they're saying 'if you turn up to protest, we'll potentially traumatise you for life'.

Yup. Unfortunately I do live here...

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 11:52 am

Son to be another major motion picture topic

When is the movie coming out? :lol:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 3:14 pm

I think the fact that he has AS has everything to do with it, if he has it definitely and if it's not just 'very mild'.

Of course, very mild AS maybe shouldn't count if it has no effect on the person's ability to act and think whatsoever. But then, it's debatable whether that is still AS in the first place.

But if somebody has it noticeably, there's a big chance that not only are they severely disabled, but also that their thoughts and decisions are most likely not exactly within the boundaries of common sense and relate to their level of intelligence.

Doublefrost
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2009, 12:26 am

I read that police statement to be an overt threat of direct physical violence against any autistics that show up. I want to know if anyone warned the police that we may bite if attacked.