Asssassins Creed 2 Details revealed.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 6:31 pm

Alright, just like my Bioshock 2 details revealed,, I'm going to give you some some info(and a little hype) on the Upcoming Assassins Creed 2.

Assassins creed 2 starts of in a different Era than the last game, That's right Altair is not to be the main character this time around, now we play as Ezio Auditore de Firenze a nobleman of Florence the setting is Renaissance Italy, year 1476, Our character this time around wasn't brought up and trained as an assassin like Altair was, so there is obvious plot points in the game which will tell us why Ezio has decided to become an assassin, thats not to say he doesn't know how to fight, most nobility of the time were trained equal skill in swordplay, poetry and art, so he's not a pansy.

This time around the team has added new mechanics to our character, to start off they've given him the ability to swim, a thing missing from the first game which caused much frustration for some, the fast paced free-running is back, along with new paces to hide besides just hay carts, now you can hide beneath the water, so long as you're breath holds, in cotton, or fish carts, he can also blend in with any group of people, not just white robed monks from the first game.

Another new feature is an notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and even the general populace will treat you, kill to many people and your infamy will rise, causing increased suspicion and and alarm from the populace. if you are notorious enough new missions will become available to you, certain citizens will contract to to take out their enemies, alternatively if you want to lower your infamy, bribes and tearing down your wanted posters will lower your notoriety and guards won't be so quick to attack you.

Along witha new character comes new combat abilities, new to Ezio is the ability to disarm opponents and take their weapon for your own, and each of these dozens of weapons have their own special move that you can use, along with his two hidden blades the list of available weapons are a sword, rapier, war hammer, a mace, spear, pike, and daggers, or your fists.
now they say a really good person playing this game doesn't have to rely on any other weapon beside the hidden blades to complete the entire game, which would prove a cool challenge for some.

Thankfully NOT included this time are the tedious side missions like pickpocketing and eavesdropping, that you had to do over and over again to reach the actual assassination part of assassins creed, there will still be missions but the Developers hope that with a new transition mechanic they won't be tedious, let's say one of your missions is to deliver a package to a destination , then you have to chase after a target, and finally ends up as a assassination, with 16 unique mission types with anyone of them transitioning into one another assassins creed 2 hopes to bring over 200 unique missions.

As for the enemies, in the first game it was all pretty much the same guard over and over again, in AC2 you''l have several different types of enemies that all attack and move differently,
the health system has been revamped, while you still have to stay in "sync" with your character if he gets to grievously injured he will have ot find an in-game doctor to heal his wounds.

collectibles this time around actually serve a purpose, if you take he time to collect them, they will give you in-game bonuses which haven't been revealed yet.

As like in the last game, you will run into prominent people from that time line, like Leonardo Da Vinci , in the game Leonardo is a close friend of the Auditore family, what Q was to James bond, so is Leonardo to Ezio, crafting new weapons and items for him to use, other characters include Machiavelli, Caterina Sforza, and most likely others.

Some other things worth mentioning about the game, is a new night and day modes, which enhances the sense of time passage, a new ability to assassinate enemies from within hiding places like hay bales and under water, but more intelligent enemies will now investigate previously safe havens, unlike in the first game where you had to have your hidden blade equipped to silently take out a target, now if they are unaware of your character you take them out instantly with them.

just a screenshot of the main character.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 7:40 pm

Looks good, I swore as soon as I took a look at the new guy, I thought Altair was cool, but this guy just looks ausome. Two secret blades looks interesting, in the first game I would often take on an entire crowd of guards with just my secret blade, it was often a pity the guards often ran away scared after perfectly countering and killing a few. I don't know what to think about building fame or infamy, I just figured that you were suposed to sincronise as much as possible with the memory and it would drop when you got hurt because Altair wouldnt get hurt, or kill an innocent.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 9:13 pm

I'm thrilled about this game, though I hope Altair comes back.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 12:00 am

I liked the last one. This one looks even better

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2009, 4:04 am

looks oosim.

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 1:29 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Looks good, I swore as soon as I took a look at the new guy.

Exact same situation here. "F****N hell this guy looks hench!"

Anyway, it sounds this game murks the first one. Ezio would be altair up. In the head.

EDIT: Notice the clothes he is wearin are a LOT like altairs? think his italian was influeced by altair all the way in jerusalem? or just the dev's lazyness?

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 3:23 pm

will it have a full subtitle option this time?

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 4:59 am

Starrsy wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
Looks good, I swore as soon as I took a look at the new guy.

Exact same situation here. "F****N hell this guy looks hench!"

Anyway, it sounds this game murks the first one. Ezio would be altair up. In the head.

EDIT: Notice the clothes he is wearin are a LOT like altairs? think his italian was influeced by altair all the way in jerusalem? or just the dev's lazyness?

I would asume that since the series is assasins creed that this is the same assasin organisation that was in Jerusalem and tried to sace the main guy from the modern templars in the first game. I figured the clothes were ment to look like an eagle as Altair is often put to be like an eagle and as such is a mesenger of their order (he sends the messafe by killing the target).

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 11:29 pm

I hope group fights are a bit harder. In the first one it seems like all you have to do is counter.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 12:31 am

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
I hope group fights are a bit harder. In the first one it seems like all you have to do is counter.

yeah in the first one, pretty much it was the same guard over and over again, but this time they're adding different enemy types, that will make combat more varied and challenging.