Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 6:43 pm

I occasionally practice coordination by trying to pet my cat 5 feet away with a 7 iron. How do you practice coordination?

pad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 7:48 pm

Nomaken wrote:
I occasionally practice coordination by trying to pet my cat 5 feet away with a 7 iron. How do you practice coordination?

I don't pratice my coordination skills. I would consider myself a savant as that I'm good in sports and show little to no signs of motor coordination difficulties. Though I am still motor clumisiness which is quite different from coordination.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 12:55 am

I have very bad coordination since I have Cerebral Palsy that affects My right side.

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 1:55 am

My coordination is very good. I am really clumsy some times and don't pay attention to what im doing. My balance is well above any one else I have met (Execpt for one of my brothers that has been doing marshall arts for the last 15 years).
I can watch break dancers on tv and actually do alot of what they do. I can open doors with my feet hehe thats just werid I know ... Any way I seem to have well above average Balance and Coordination for some reason.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 7:53 am

I taught my self to juggle in high school balls then clubs it wasnt easy clubs esp. [lots of buising] and walk on stilts but i still am somewhat uncordinated at times

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2006, 9:24 am

I drive a 6speed while talking on the cell phone and drinking a pop :lol:

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 11:25 am

I think sports are an excellent way for us to improve our coordination.

Despite that many of us seem to have poorer coordination than normal, I found for myself I am much more clumsy in periods when I am not engaging in a sport or other similar exercise.

I wasn't quite so clumsy when I was playing basketball or softball or racquetball. I'm hoping to soon start playing racquetball again at the Y.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/