Snakes on a Plane is a terrible movie.

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

User avatar

Joined: 14 Oct 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,693
Location: In your neighborhood, knocking on your door. :)

15 Apr 2009, 11:05 am

I like the acronym! SOAP :D


_________________
January issues of the
Watchtower - Raising Considerate Children in a Me-First World
and Awake - Should You Fear the End of the World?

Download both in PDF format for free!


gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2008
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,898
Location: The Town That Time Forgot (UK)

15 Apr 2009, 11:06 am

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed it, LOL?


_________________
'El reloj, no avanza
y yo quiero ir a verte,
La clase, no acaba
y es como un semestre"


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,878
Location: Houston, Texas

15 Apr 2009, 11:39 am

It was about a mob boss trying to silence a murder witness, and the snakes were supposed to target the witness.



MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,935
Location: England

15 Apr 2009, 5:32 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed it, LOL?


Nope, I went to see it three times because I enjoyed it so much :)

Admittedly, I did fall asleep in places on my third viewing, but that's largely because I had a short epileptic seizure during the trailers (I should have gone home after that, really - but damn it, I paid my £7 to watch a movie, and watch a movie I was going to do :P).


_________________
Why so serious?


SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,913
Location: Michigan

15 Apr 2009, 5:50 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed it, LOL?


I liked it, even though the CGI was really bad.

Still need to see the extended cut.


_________________
he had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say
we'll miss him


gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2007
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,505
Location: Sydney, Australia

15 Apr 2009, 7:30 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed it, LOL?


I liked it, even though the CGI was really bad.

Still need to see the extended cut.


I loved it.
You have to be in the right mood for that type of movie though. If you're feeling "Godfather" or perhaps "Three Colors Trilogy" then don't try to watch it.

On the other hand, if you're feeling a bit "eight-legged freaks", "Jaws IV", "Anaconda", then it's the right thing to watch. Sometimes I think, ... tonight I just wanna watch some stupid people get eaten.



Manders
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,189
Location: 6 Underground

15 Apr 2009, 10:14 pm

It would be horrible, though, to be stuck on a plane with a bunch of snakes.



EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2006
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 788

15 Apr 2009, 10:56 pm

kxmode wrote:
I like the acronym! SOAP :D
OMG, this has brought back memories, wasn't there a soap called 'Soap', which was really funny?



EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2006
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 788

15 Apr 2009, 11:00 pm

gbollard wrote:
I loved it.
You have to be in the right mood for that type of movie though. If you're feeling "Godfather" or perhaps "Three Colors Trilogy" then don't try to watch it.

On the other hand, if you're feeling a bit "eight-legged freaks", "Jaws IV", "Anaconda", then it's the right thing to watch. Sometimes I think, ... tonight I just wanna watch some stupid people get eaten.
I loved it as well. I thought it was quite tongue in cheek.

Of course, if you're going to watch something like this, you don't expect to be going to see cinematic masterpiece, you surely expect to see something entertaining, superificial, you expect to be watching something that requires you to suspend disbelief and just 'enjoy the ride'.



jsully
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 18
Location: Rhode Island

17 Apr 2009, 1:25 am

EnglishLulu wrote:
gbollard wrote:
I loved it.
You have to be in the right mood for that type of movie though. If you're feeling "Godfather" or perhaps "Three Colors Trilogy" then don't try to watch it.

On the other hand, if you're feeling a bit "eight-legged freaks", "Jaws IV", "Anaconda", then it's the right thing to watch. Sometimes I think, ... tonight I just wanna watch some stupid people get eaten.
I loved it as well. I thought it was quite tongue in cheek.

Of course, if you're going to watch something like this, you don't expect to be going to see cinematic masterpiece, you surely expect to see something entertaining, superificial, you expect to be watching something that requires you to suspend disbelief and just 'enjoy the ride'.



This is sensible.

Guess I'm a bit pretentious with my taste in movies.

That said, I watched No Country For Old Men today.

Cinematic masterpiece.



drowbot0181
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 700
Location: Oklahoma

17 Apr 2009, 11:24 am

It's SUPPOSED to be bad. It's satire.



anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,825
Location: Europe

17 Apr 2009, 11:54 am

MrSinister wrote:
gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed it, LOL?


Nope, I went to see it three times because I enjoyed it so much :)



I loved it as well! it was a good laugh.

these mother f*****g snakes on this mother f*****g plane! LOL I like the way he says it =P


_________________
not a bug - a feature.


drowbot0181
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 700
Location: Oklahoma

17 Apr 2009, 12:51 pm

anna-banana wrote:
MrSinister wrote:
gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed it, LOL?


Nope, I went to see it three times because I enjoyed it so much :)



I loved it as well! it was a good laugh.

these mother f***ing snakes on this mother f***ing plane! LOL I like the way he says it =P


I thought it was funny. Sam Jackson was great. It's nice when actors can make fun of themselves a bit.



gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2008
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,898
Location: The Town That Time Forgot (UK)

17 Apr 2009, 3:39 pm

anna-banana wrote:
MrSinister wrote:
gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed it, LOL?


Nope, I went to see it three times because I enjoyed it so much :)



I loved it as well! it was a good laugh.

these mother f***ing snakes on this mother f***ing plane! LOL I like the way he says it =P


LOL I laughed at that part too!

It was totally awesome when he shot out the windows on the plane and the air pressure sucked everything out of the windows!


_________________
'El reloj, no avanza
y yo quiero ir a verte,
La clase, no acaba
y es como un semestre"


gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2007
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,505
Location: Sydney, Australia

17 Apr 2009, 4:59 pm

anna-banana wrote:
MrSinister wrote:
gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed it, LOL?


Nope, I went to see it three times because I enjoyed it so much :)



I loved it as well! it was a good laugh.

these mother f***ing snakes on this mother f***ing plane! LOL I like the way he says it =P


It's very easy to add the MF word to almost anything Sam L says. I remember the first time I watched Attack of the Clones and he walks up to Count Dooku and puts a lightsaber under his chin and says "This Party's Over [motherf***ker]". He doesn't say the last word but every fibre of his being suggests that it was probably said during rehearsals.

And here's a picture of him going after Jango that I captioned years ago...

Image

It probably won't come out because I have a lot of trouble getting Picasa Images to appear - if not, here's the link.