Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 12:47 am

Post here if you don't feel well.
I (and hopefully other kind-hearted souls)* will offer you sympathy and virtual chicken soup...

I'll start.
I have pneumonia. The chest congestion is painful but the coughing is better. It is the second time in my life. It is from stress and an already whacked immune system. The worst part is that my nervous system has gone haywire and my hair hurts. just where it is attached to my scalp, but it is awful and it means i can't do my favorite stim which is rubbing my head:( and i have to stay in bed so it is hard to rock.

*do we have those?

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 1:31 am

i know this is really stupid question but really don't like doctors.
how high a fever is bad?
my normal temp is about 97.6 F
currently at 100 F.
no one to take me to doctor so if bad will have to call ambulance.
how high is bad?

Winston Churchill

Funaho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2006, 2:01 am

Wikipedia says fevers are "low grade" up to 102.2 so you should be ok for now.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 2:09 am

thanks. i feel like ---- but at least i don't have to go out.

Winston Churchill

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 4:15 am

*sends virtual vegetarian equivalent of chicken soup; some coltsfoot (for your lungs), some elderberry rob (generally great for respiratory stuff); a tea-tree and lavender oil mix (generally good for immune system); echinacea (ditto); and a teddy bear to look after you*

Get Well Soon.

actually, i've always thought that was a stupid phrase - why "soon"? why would i want you to have to suffer more in the time between now and soon? i'm going to change it to...

Get Well Now!

:lol:

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 5:26 am

I hate that you're sick, Neuro. Take care of yourself.

I had a migraine all day yesterday. :cry: Now I'm wide awake (it's 3:20 AM here) because finally it's gone and I spent half the day trying to sleep off the migraine. I had a nice big salad for dinner, which made it better for about 30 minutes. I finally broke down around 11 PM and took extra Vitamin C, a homeopathic migraine remedy and some Advil. My migraine's gone now but I feel really run down. I can't sleep, yet I'm too tired to do anything but bum around the internet. *sigh*

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 5:32 am

well, you've had all the herby stuff, so i'll just send you the teddy bear, Cade, okay?

:D

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 7:06 am

Cade wrote:
I hate that you're sick, Neuro. Take care of yourself.

I had a migraine all day yesterday. :cry: Now I'm wide awake (it's 3:20 AM here) because finally it's gone and I spent half the day trying to sleep off the migraine. I had a nice big salad for dinner, which made it better for about 30 minutes. I finally broke down around 11 PM and took extra Vitamin C, a homeopathic migraine remedy and some Advil. My migraine's gone now but I feel really run down. I can't sleep, yet I'm too tired to do anything but bum around the internet. *sigh*
glad you feel better (but that migraine wouldn't have anything to do with some filched brandy would it????) :)
get some sleep......

Winston Churchill

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 3:02 pm

vetivert wrote:
well, you've had all the herby stuff, so i'll just send you the teddy bear, Cade, okay?

:D

Might not be a good idea. My youngest cat, Lemony, likes to sink his teeth and claws into things cute and fluffy (and especially if they're pink). He's already ripped the eyes out a few stuffed animals around here.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 3:04 pm

And he looks so sweet...

...or perhaps smug....

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 3:11 pm

My headache keeps threatening to come back. It's "hovering" around my left side of the head, mainly around my left eye and ear, with the ocassion pain in the back near my neck. I suspect it may be sinus related, and have been using nasal saline spray. But it hasn't helped any. So it's been more vitamins, homeopathy and Advil.

I did get some sleep - about 5 hours, before my cat Antony got impatient, and stood on top of me wailing in distress from my neglect (he knows to speak loudly since I sleep with my earplugs in).

I need to go out for an errand, then I'll come home and lay down in my room with the shades drawn. earplugs in and a moist towel cloth over my eyes. Migraines like this can last several days for me. I just try to keep them "bearable."

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 4:03 pm

My migraines turned out to be gluten and stress related - gluten plus stress = migraine. Mine weren't painful, but the smallest amount of stress would set one off if I had a gluten exposure. Example: I couldn't find a bathroom right away = migraine.

My upper respiratory thing is better today. able to get out of bed. still in pain from coughing so much. Forgot to eat yesterday. Today I ate a little and instantly felt better. Who knew? I am drinking lots of fluids so that should help too. Coconut, mango and passion fruit juice - yum. Motivational.

Hope your migraine gets banished forever soon.

Winston Churchill

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 4:09 pm

Cade wrote:
Might not be a good idea. My youngest cat, Lemony, likes to sink his teeth and claws into things cute and fluffy (and especially if they're pink). He's already ripped the eyes out a few stuffed animals around here.

noooooo! it's an even BETTERER idea, now. cat are evil buggers, and i love 'em for it, so i'll send two - one for him to disembowel now, and one for later.

(hope you're feeling better).

neuroman - too much of the old gargle, eh? i like the sound of the juice, only i'd have a bowl with all the fruit and stuff in it, ta. that way, one can get it all over the place and make far more of a mess. huzzah!

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2006, 5:57 pm

My migraines tend to be diet and stress related too. Right now it's...

Diet: from eating too much chocolate.

Stress: from not getting my end of year paycheck and it'll be Tuesday next week before they cut another check for me.

Also I may have a slight infection going on. I've been around sick people the last two weeks, and I keep feeling liek you do right before you start showing more overt symptoms. So it seems most likely I could be coming down with something.

I'm not feelign as bad as I did this morning. Right now it just feels someone wrapped an ACE bandage around my head and neck. I'll be going back to bed shortly. I have to go to dinner with my parents tonight, and I also want to watch the Sci Fi channel afterwards.

I'm glad you're doing better today. Yes, you do need to eat if you can when you're sick. :wink: Hang in there. Try adding some rum or gin to that juice!

Meanwhile, I'm gonna lay back down...

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2006, 9:46 am

Bah! relapse. back to bed....Image

Winston Churchill