Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 1:50 am

One that Windows or a Mac.(or any other that is out there)

I am looking to buy a new computer Myself any input on this.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 2:00 am

What are you willing to spend? Are you at all comfortable with building your own.

My last computer was made by Falcon-Northwest and I couldn't be happier with it.

http://www.falcon-nw.com

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 2:32 am

I have more than a few thousand in the bank so I could spend ab-it on a new computer.

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2006, 5:23 am

Ask youself what you want to use on a computer. If you like the newest games fous on a faster harddrive better video cards more ram. And if you put it together your self get a good motherboard and power supply the rest follows from that.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 6:33 am

I what the best computer I can get for my money. For all to see and beleive. For thousands of dollars can get Me.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 8:19 am

I suggest that before you decide you should check out Mac computers. They are clearly superior to PC's, though more expensive.

If you are lucky enough to live near an "Apple Store", go there and see for yourself.

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 8:26 am

I buy old second hand computers for cheap and they work really well. They come with icky windows XP and I format them a put Linux on them. for $350 I can get a nice ex-lease PC that runs faster than those slow out of date macs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 3:13 pm

ed wrote:
I suggest that before you decide you should check out Mac computers. They are clearly superior to PC's, though more expensive.

If you are lucky enough to live near an "Apple Store", go there and see for yourself.
Really how good is a Mac just asking.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 3:19 pm

MindOfOrderedChaos wrote:
I buy old second hand computers for cheap and they work really well. They come with icky windows XP and I format them a put Linux on them. for $350 I can get a nice ex-lease PC that runs faster than those slow out of date macs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I really may need My computer to re-formatted I think It is not just working right.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 3:21 pm

I hate the standard one-button mice that come with macs. I also hate how very few games come out for macs, but then again I don't really play computer games much anymore and I doubt you do. Really, if you just use your computer for surfing the web and typing documents, there's nothing wrong with a mac but somehow I just wouldn't feel 'right' owning one as my primary computer... If there are any programs that you use frequently, make sure they all work on a Mac first. And try before you buy.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 3:49 pm

kevv729 wrote:

"If you are lucky enough to live near an "Apple Store", go there and see for yourself" :lol:

They are incredibly stable, and unaffected by the many viruses etc that threaten our computer world.

There is less software available for the mac, and it is often more expensive. But Adobe Photoshop, for example, was created for the mac, it was years later that they made a PC version. My music editing software, Bias' "Peak", is still only available for the mac.

I can't convince you to get a mac, I don't even know what I'm talking about :lol: but it is certainly worth the time to check them out.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 4:03 pm

ed wrote:
kevv729 wrote:

"If you are lucky enough to live near an "Apple Store", go there and see for yourself" :lol:

They are incredibly stable, and unaffected by the many viruses etc that threaten our computer world.

There is less software available for the mac, and it is often more expensive. But Adobe Photoshop, for example, was created for the mac, it was years later that they made a PC version. My music editing software, Bias' "Peak", is still only available for the mac.

I can't convince you to get a mac, I don't even know what I'm talking about :lol: but it is certainly worth the time to check them out.
There is one or two Apple Mac Stores here where I live I will go check them out.

My sister that live Las Vegas when Her daughters leave and get out of school and the house is going to get a Apple Mac. She misses Apple Mac.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 4:05 pm

AbominableSnoCone wrote:
I hate the standard one-button mice that come with macs. I also hate how very few games come out for macs, but then again I don't really play computer games much anymore and I doubt you do. Really, if you just use your computer for surfing the web and typing documents, there's nothing wrong with a mac but somehow I just wouldn't feel 'right' owning one as my primary computer... If there are any programs that you use frequently, make sure they all work on a Mac first. And try before you buy.
I will have to remember this when I go looking.

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2006, 1:50 am

ed wrote:
There is less software available for the mac, and it is often more expensive.

But if you've got Virtual PC on your Mac, you can just run the Windows versions on it.

As much as I love Macs, pound for pound, they do cost more than a comparable PC (that's the main reason I crossed over) and except for the G5 "cheese graters", are only upgradable with external components. You take 'em as they are inside.