Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 4:16 am

Lately I been feeling a lot of confidence and optimism about my life lately. Something I have not felt for many years. I have hope with enough work, that I will have both a happy professional and personal life and finally overcome the demons which have haunted me for many years.

I have thought back at what I have achieved in my life, surviving an emotionally neglected childhood, graduating from high school, managing to complete a year of TAFE after failing another so miserably, getting myself into university and finally managing to pass all subjects in the one semester I have been there. On top of that I have established the young adult aspie social group, which has been successful beyond my wildest dreams.

My life may not be great right now and I may not have all the things people my age or even younger have, but I know things will get much better for me this year and in the following years.

Wrongplanet.net and it's members have helped me that I am not alone in the world, be aware of my deficits I have in social skills and how I can remedy them and also to realise the great potential I have in my life.

Due to the bullying and insane family life I have had, I've been very repressed emotionally and unable to express my true self to others, without fearing what their reaction will be. Deep inside I have a warm, loving, if not a little goofy personality. When I can express my personality fully, people like me quite a lot.

I extend my thanks to wrongplanet.net and it's members, and to Dr Tim Godber, Julie Gillan, Axel Scholz and Mary Fraser. I could have never done it without you folks!

I will remember you folks when I am at the top. I also promise to visit some of you members in real life in the years to come.

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 4:20 am

Well its good to hear things are looking up for you. I hope all goes as planned in your new dawn on life.
Its good to hear that WrongPlanet has showen your not alone. Remeber you only have one life so do things you want to do. :)

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 4:35 am

MindOfOrderedChaos wrote:
Well its good to hear things are looking up for you. I hope all goes as planned in your new dawn on life.
Its good to hear that WrongPlanet has showen your not alone. Remeber you only have one life so do things you want to do. :)

Thank You I will take in mind, I suddenly had a thought of becoming a outer space businessman, I always wanted go into space and believe that developing outer space for the pursuit of profit is a noble idea. :)

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 12:48 pm

newchum wrote:
I always wanted go into space and believe that developing outer space for the pursuit of profit is a noble idea. :)

Ha! Me too!

Well the first thing that's needed is more funding for initiatives like this...

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 2:51 pm

Excellent!