Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

d057
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 6:34 pm

I am so sick and tired of my math teacher! She is a very grouchy, negative person that does not want to be there. I failed the last chapter test she gave me because it was 6 pages long front to back, and it overwhelmed me and she gave me a 45 percent. All of the problems on each page were multi step problems, and they took real long for me to figure out. I asked her if i could go to the learning support room to work on the test, and she snapped at me and said no. I explained to her that I concentrate better in there because the kids were making noise and throwing things around the room, and she was just sitting there almost asleep, not caring about the situation. Has anyone ever had to deal with someone like that?

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 7:20 pm

I don't like my math teacher either, but it shouldn't affect your grades. I used to almost fail math, but then I discovered that in order to succeed in math, you have to take everything one step at a time. My math teacher hated me all the time too. Trust me, you don't need any special ed rooms. People with AS are usually good at math. I hate loud noises too, but you can focus on the test without being bothered by the noise if you really know your subject. It's a different way of channeling thought, but once you are able to do it, you will be more successful at every other subject, not just math. So just do your homework, learn little by little every day, and your teacher will treat you better. I promise :)

Camera
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Apr 2009, 3:23 pm

It matters on the teacher, I remember having a sub and she didn't mind saying to the class they were the worst students she ever had to teach from being several pages behind and giving other class periods a head on a test while ignoring the one I was in but with a different teacher who would be there all the time, he made sure to keep everyone in line and keep the nosie level down.

If the classroom noise is to loud of where it's distracting everyone in the room, the teacher should've done somthing about it.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2009, 7:53 pm

Camera wrote:
It matters on the teacher, I remember having a sub and she didn't mind saying to the class they were the worst students she ever had to teach from being several pages behind and giving other class periods a head on a test while ignoring the one I was in but with a different teacher who would be there all the time, he made sure to keep everyone in line and keep the nosie level down.

If the classroom noise is to loud of where it's distracting everyone in the room, the teacher should've done somthing about it.

The thing about that is that she didn't. I have this class 8th period, and it is right beside the parking lot where the busses pull in. I was distracted by that, the damn kids making noise, and the fact that i was overwhelmed about the test being 6 pages front to back. I notice her falling asleep during class when other students need help. I also notice her ranting and complaining about her life with all of the other teachers, and they just sit there and tune her out.

mlqqeae
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 May 2009, 1:09 am

d057 wrote:
Camera wrote:

The thing about that is that she didn't. I have this class 8th period, and it is right beside the parking lot where the busses pull in. I was distracted by that, the damn kids making noise, and the fact that i was overwhelmed about the test being 6 pages front to back. I notice her falling asleep during class when other students need help. I also notice her ranting and complaining about her life with all of the other teachers, and they just sit there and tune her out.

Doesn't sound like a good teacher in the least bit. School is ending soon though. Hang in there. I have a problem as a psychic that these kids give me serious migraine headaches... and the teachers as well. All that negative energy flying in the room does nothing good for anyone's health. I generally recommend staying far away from these kind of situations. Positive is always better.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2009, 2:58 am

All the math teachers iv'e had and the one i have now is a bunch of c****, and math can kiss my **s. School's almost done anyway :D

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 5:33 pm

I posted some things about math and relaxation on dA. As I would rather not re-type it, I will quote it here:

Quote:
I have this theory about math, and it's yet to fail me: Math is hard because people believe it's hard. Every time that I've shown someone proof that they can do math without much difficulty, they suddenly are exceptional mathematicians. I think I need to find some way to do that with art, too.

There is an exercise that I came up with for focusing internal strength. It's not so new, but it's done in a different way that helps focus it easier. Hold your hands up as if you're holding a small ball. Relax your entire body, breathe deeply (don't force your breathing), and focus on the space between your hands. It is a great way to relieve pain and stress, even if you don't know the principles of internal energy and what have you.

BTW, to relieve things like headaches, imagine the internal energy flowing through the part of your head that hurts. That works on MOST headaches.

When doing the exercise, you should feel tingling in your fingers and palms.

It's generally a good idea to focus that energy back into your dan tian, which is three inches below your navel. Just focus on that area or else imagine the energy flowing through you back to it. Remember that it must be done gently.

Also, have you tried filing a complaint to the principal?

Ben_Shapiro
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2009, 2:25 pm

I dont hate my maths teachers I just feel they are wasting my time because I am yet to pay any attention or not understand a concept. I feel like I am being taught to read, the problem is I understand maths more clearly than when some one speaks to me so I end up dozing off and that gets me into trouble, apparently I should pay more respect to the teacher. To be fair he is very clever as well so I dont disrespect him, just the sylabus and the lesson but people never understand me properly.