Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2009, 11:55 am

Yes. ACE-inhibitor for hypertension and SSRI.

cantexactlysay
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2009, 12:08 pm

Thankfully no mindbenders of any type anymore. That said, I also avoid caffeine, alcohol, drugs, and snacks with loaded sodium and / or sugar content.

Not exactly medications either, but I take multivitamins everyday and a glucosamine / chondroitin supplement for my knees.

phoebe_monkey
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jul 2009, 4:24 pm

I've just started taking prozac for depression (was on escitalopram last year for a couple of months, but it made me physically sick).
Also have diazepam (valium) for anxiety and take ibuprofen as well.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2009, 5:22 pm

Brittany2907 wrote:
I have read that Risperdal is sometimes given to kids with an ASD, but I can't remember the reason.

They frequently prescribe antipsychotics for "agitation".. the pharmaceutical companies are pretty much constantly pushing for antipsychotics to be used for EVERYTHING... because they're expensive. They would just keep trying them out for all kinds of things, and if one was approved for something besides psychosis, they'd start pushing all of the others as good for that use as well, whether there was any evidence or not. Or even evidence the the contrary. There have been some very big scandals involving the coverups over side effects, denials of clinical trials that didn't yield the desired results, and marketing of drugs for unapproved uses. Which is why there was a law passed sometime in 2008 that all research studies must be published. They're available at ClinicalTrials.gov Useful site. :-)

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2009, 6:56 am

I don't take meds, apart from very rarely oxazepam (a benzodiazepine). I take that only once a month at most.