No/No 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 72

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 6:08 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I am ashamed of the condition.

Mainly because how people treat you when they find out.

You seem like you are very active on these forums. For someone who has posted so many times and inspired others so many times, I would have thought you would definatly have overcome your shame by now. Unfortunatly, for whatever reason, you have not. I wish you better luck in the future.

Naman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jan 2006, 8:27 pm

I'm proud that I've managed to do as well as I have, and that I haven't lost the will to keep trying to do better. I'm also thankful for the benefits of AS that I seem to have. I feel I'd rather be as I am than 'normal,' and that's what counts.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 8:35 pm

I voted yes, since I am kind of a proud aspie, in a humble way. It's not like I want to start an aspie gang and beat up NT's. I don't want to put down NT's too much (eventhough I'd rather be an aspie than an NT) because my family are all NT's. In a way I think that us aspies have more to be proud of than we have to be sad about; we have lots of positive traits about our Asperger's. It's a mixed blessing, yet at times I think it to be a curse because of the social difficulties, sensory problems, motor skill problems and more. And at some hardtimes in my life I don't know what to think about Asperger's, because it almost becomes a neutrality, meaning that there are many blessings, yet have many curses. But one thing for sure: most of the time I feel happy and proud to be an aspie.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

pad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 12:37 am

I appreciate your honesty and well thought response aspiegirl.

airbikecop
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2006, 12:46 am

AS doesn't really bother me much anyway. I know I have problems, but everyone else in this world has problems too, and I am gratful for what I have.