Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2006, 5:47 pm

Its a new quarter in college for me, and I am psyched about the class that I'm taking. I walk in, and everything goes okay. This class involves forming a group, and for the next 6 months, hammering out a project. The teacher allows us to pick our own groups and as usual I'm the one w/o one. This, despite that I walk around and ask many people nicely if we could form up a group, or I could join theirs.

The teacher had to pull some strings to get me and a few others in group. He says he will allow 2 groups of 4 instead of the usual 3 to be formed. I ask this group if I can join theirs and one of them is okay with it. But another one - whom I've never even met before - makes this face of disgust at me. What the f**k did I ever do to him? One would think that because you have 4 people instead of 3, you would be happy because it means less work. But this kid just suddenly gets judgmental at me. I asked him what was his problem, and he just ignored me.

I guess I shouldnt be bugged, but usually I'm always the last person to be picked because I made the least amount of friends. But in this case I didnt even know this person and he already judged me.

The tapestry of BS that NTs put on social situations amaze. Do I give off that bad of a vibe around people? :(

tracylynn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2006, 5:57 pm

Some people are just as*holes, period. Don't let it get you down, make the most of the group you'll be with.

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 11:09 pm

Things like that have happened to me before. usually if someone does make a face at me for no apparent or deserved reason, I don't feel bad about going up and getting in their face, asking what the h*ll their problem is. As of late, I really am starting to confront people more so I dont have to be bugged about it in my mind for days on end.

Tolian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2006, 4:25 am

I don't understand why they're like that. I assume it's a reaction to our unnatural way of trying to join a group, but it could be that they're just idiots. But I've had similar experiences. Any situation that requires to you to "find a partner" or "make groups of 5" is extremely annoying.

Wait, never mind.

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 7:32 am

Comkeen wrote:
The tapestry of bull**** that NTs put on social situations amaze. Do I give off that bad of a vibe around people? :(

I think it has less to do with "NT vs. AS" type stuff, and more to do with most people thinking group work sucks.