IS it odd I enjoy being my brother's shadow?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 9:19 pm

I've alwas been my longer brother's shadow cause I'm an aspie he is an nt and ackwardly he is also taller by about a foot.
I'm his shadow cause I appeared when he is in the lights of others. I am winter cursed at and unwanted he is spring loved and giving nothing emo like that but I've alwas felt attached to shadows and winter hence my name.

Does anyone else feel like you're someone's shadow

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2009, 7:52 am

Sometimes, but I can't explain it as well as you have.

Sometimes it's specific people.
Sometimes it's myself (shadow of myself, weird concept.).
Sometimes... it's everyone and everything.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

HardestPartOfLife
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2009, 10:01 am

Ebonwinter wrote:
I've alwas been my longer brother's shadow cause I'm an aspie he is an nt and ackwardly he is also taller by about a foot.
I'm his shadow cause I appeared when he is in the lights of others. I am winter cursed at and unwanted he is spring loved and giving nothing emo like that but I've alwas felt attached to shadows and winter hence my name.

Does anyone else feel like you're someone's shadow

I've been like that in the past, mostly with friends of mine since I didn't have siblings I could hang out with. I was fine with it, usually. Now that I'm not around them anymore, I've had to step out on my own and be my own man. It's really terrifying, but I'm doing it.

Also, the way you worded your post is very poetic.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2009, 12:59 pm

BelindatheNobody wrote:

well it's sorta like being a nobody from kingdom hearts II in the fact that people when they interact with us or me atleast is they feel like we're not complete. Plus thanks for the compliment I don't really get that much *blush* :oops:

But shadows are like the diplomats from the dark to the light to help the two mingle inwards to the reqium of dusk and dawn

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2009, 8:22 am

Ebonwinter wrote:
BelindatheNobody wrote:

well it's sorta like being a nobody from kingdom hearts II in the fact that people when they interact with us or me atleast is they feel like we're not complete. Plus thanks for the compliment I don't really get that much *blush* :oops:

But shadows are like the diplomats from the dark to the light to help the two mingle inwards to the reqium of dusk and dawn

I've always clicked with the Nobodies from the start, before we even knew they were called Nobodies. :heart:

No problem, it's true, I don't explain things well, and you explained it quite... eloquently.

And yeah, I understand that too. :)

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2009, 10:54 am

Thanks there yea everyone always tells me I have a way with words in many ways.
Its from years of trying to tell the people around me how even in school I've always been alone
in fact I felt like I was drowning in the other people.

So I escaped to the realms of games and fantasy.

But again thanks and you seem nice if it isn't too creepy to say :oops:

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2009, 11:19 am

I was my younger sister's shadow, and I liked it. I was not only her shadow, but also her "bodyguard" :P

When she passed away, it was like I was in the lights of others, and I felt overwhelmed and stressed.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2009, 11:44 am

SamuraiSaxen wrote:
I was my younger sister's shadow, and I liked it. I was not only her shadow, but also her "bodyguard" :P

When she passed away, it was like I was in the lights of others, and I felt overwhelmed and stressed.

Thats sad funny avatar tho

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2009, 11:45 am

Ebonwinter wrote:

Oh, I feel that way a lot. Hmm. I've always thought of myself as drowning in myself.... yet the words/concept never clicked to that feeling of drowning in others.

Quote:

I know how that is. A lot of people do it, I think... but I never know to what degree.

Quote:

Nah, not creepy. (Odd, maybe, because I'm not used to being called things like "nice".).

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2009, 12:10 pm

BelindatheNobody wrote:
Ebonwinter wrote:

Oh, I feel that way a lot. Hmm. I've always thought of myself as drowning in myself.... yet the words/concept never clicked to that feeling of drowning in others.

Quote:

I know how that is. A lot of people do it, I think... but I never know to what degree.

Quote:

Nah, not creepy. (Odd, maybe, because I'm not used to being called things like "nice".).

Too many base nice and kindness on looks. I wear a lot of black or dark colors so people think I'm a bad person but I just like black a lot. Plus you have the refreshing feel of someone who can think on a much deeper level and I can bounce ideals and stuff from unlike most of the people in this southern redneck town.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2009, 12:40 pm

Yes they do. Same with "beauty". I tend to base things like that on more than just visual, when it comes to people and other living creatures.
I, too, like to wear black and other dark colors/shades. I consider myself "goth" because of it, sometimes with a punk-ish spin. I love my spiky arm-band thing.

Ah, southern redneck town. Probably worst than a northern "hill town", but I see where you're coming from. I live in a "city" now though... honestly preffered the hill town. Really didn't care for the people, but the scenery and such was a lot nicer.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2009, 1:00 pm

BelindatheNobody wrote:
Yes they do. Same with "beauty". I tend to base things like that on more than just visual, when it comes to people and other living creatures.
I, too, like to wear black and other dark colors/shades. I consider myself "goth" because of it, sometimes with a punk-ish spin. I love my spiky arm-band thing.

Ah, southern redneck town. Probably worst than a northern "hill town", but I see where you're coming from. I live in a "city" now though... honestly preffered the hill town. Really didn't care for the people, but the scenery and such was a lot nicer.

My freshman year in high school some redneck actually tried to set my right arm on fire

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 10:45 am

I believe it.
In the beginning year of middle school (this was actually before I lived in the hill town; it was another city) some crazy girl was out to get me the whole year. She was always tripping me (often times down stairs, not safe), and she was.... well... crazy. She kept attempting to cut my nose off with safety scissors. Crazy, crazy girl.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 11:58 am

BelindatheNobody wrote:
I believe it.
In the beginning year of middle school (this was actually before I lived in the hill town; it was another city) some crazy girl was out to get me the whole year. She was always tripping me (often times down stairs, not safe), and she was.... well... crazy. She kept attempting to cut my nose off with safety scissors. Crazy, crazy girl.

Safety scissors you'd be more likely to cut something with a peice of bread and I'm not talking the incident when someone found a knife baked into the bread of their sub at subway

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 12:12 pm

Oh, I know that now; but it was truly creepy at the time. I mean this girl was always up in my face and yelling at me; with the safety scissors going clickety-clack all the while. (also, these were the slightly more dangerous variety of safetys, they had some cut and point in them. Unlike my pair here at home, which I can barely get to cut paper.).

Knife baked into bread? Sounds like someone wasn't paying attention when they were baking. XD

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 1:16 pm

BelindatheNobody wrote:
Oh, I know that now; but it was truly creepy at the time. I mean this girl was always up in my face and yelling at me; with the safety scissors going clickety-clack all the while. (also, these were the slightly more dangerous variety of safetys, they had some cut and point in them. Unlike my pair here at home, which I can barely get to cut paper.).

Knife baked into bread? Sounds like someone wasn't paying attention when they were baking. XD

If one thing in this wrong is infinite it must be human carelessness but atleast we're both ok after those events I still have my arm and I hope you still have your nose XD. But thats why I'm horrified of fire. Sometimes I believe my cat J!nx has A.S
he is just as emotional as me he never purrs I never smile