Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 12:24 am

Frankly I'm disappointed. I was hoping they'd redo the car with the look of the 68 or 69. Oh well. Guess it's one less thing I'll be having to try to save money for.

airbikecop
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jan 2006, 12:34 am

I'm not digging it either, but then again I'm not really a general motors fan. They make good cars, but nothing that grabs me. I'm saving for the new Dodge Challenger, granted it comes out.

Rumors are going around saying that it will only come with a V8. I can't afford the gas and insurance, and looking at the V8 Charger and Magnum, they are loaded with stuff I don't even need or want. If there was a V6 Challenger well equiped as the base model Charger and Magnum, then I'll buy one. And it would sell, look at how cheap the mustang is. Base models are hella common and sell like hotcakes.

The marketplace is ready for these cars, and there is a demand. However, I won't be buying from the local Dodge dealership because for various reasons:

1. The owner is an ass. He's some guy who owns a few other auto franchises, and is very rude, and is just in it for the money and his intrests elsewhere. My mom did some political work with him, and he was very unprofessional and didn't know anything about his products.

2. They use someone who doesn't even LIVE in New York state to do most of the commericals. Why the f**k is Greg Zipadelli, in the ads, when he doesn't live anywhere near my area?! Not using an owner or a respected salesmen in your ad's really turns me off. I want to know who is running the dealership and selling me the car

3. Something else really bugs me...

I'm going to the other Dodge dealership, which is a half-hour away. The owners are some of the best, and have amazing memories. Rememering some obsucre person you met 30 years ago, and remembering a specfic model out of a thousand cars is amazing.

Sorry for rambling...

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2006, 1:50 am

After my experience with my Tahoe, I'm pretty much done with GM. Too many problems that they let go on for too long. I think GM is done for. The Dodges and the Mustang look like great cars, but I can't afford the car much less the gas to feed it. I never though I'd blow $25 putting 11 gallons in my car, but at least that's a week's worth of gas. Sorry American car companies, I'm a ricer now. If you want me back, talk to your oil company buddies.

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 1:58 am

Thats got to be the ugliest Camero i've ever seen.

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2006, 2:03 am

I thought Lutz was going to do away with the "Angry Kitchen Appliance" (his words) look :?

airbikecop
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2006, 12:51 am

06xrs wrote:
After my experience with my Tahoe, I'm pretty much done with GM. Too many problems that they let go on for too long. I think GM is done for. The Dodges and the Mustang look like great cars, but I can't afford the car much less the gas to feed it. I never though I'd blow $25 putting 11 gallons in my car, but at least that's a week's worth of gas. Sorry American car companies, I'm a ricer now. If you want me back, talk to your oil company buddies.

I'm a fan of older cars all the way up until the 1990's, there's still a few I love, but I thought those where the best. I love the early honda's, toyota's, datsuns/nissans, etc. But I fell the american car companies have gotten better in recent years.

The prices of gas doesn't really bother me really. I have a V6, love the accelration, and pep, so I am willing to pay for it. I put that much gas in my Taurus beater a couple times a month, and I still get a lot of respect from the ricers. The real ricers that is... If Dodge makes the Challenger that will get my money, if that new Chinese car is any good, I may actually look into that. I'm not biased by country, but who make the best car overall.

Pimpin' ain't easy. And each to their own.