diet nutrition interest (or obsession)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2006, 6:39 am

Does anyone have a nutrition obsession, currently?
Did anyone have a nutrition obsession, in the past?

Do you want to keep it, or do you compare it to other obsessions, in that
it was an interest that remained and got lost, because there was something
other more interesting?

I assume I have a nutrition or diet obsession, thinking about what food is good for my body. Many times when I had this obsession, it didn't hold on for long because I couldn't decide what was 'healthy' to eat.

I always wanted this obsession to remain, because if I don't eat healthy food, my body won't be "resistant" to diseases, and may not function in a good way.

What do you think?

psych
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 9:38 am

I used to be an obsessive bodybuilder, and weighed out all my food to thenearest couple of grams. I couldve told you exactly how many calories id had in a given day, and given a rough breakdown of all the fats and proteins into subcategories.

Ive since stopped (injury-RSI), and there doesnt seem any point in measuring anything accurately (i still count vaguely in my head). But recently ive been eliminating every source of gluten and casien from my diet and as its connected to my having OCD, so i take it to an irrational level.

Ill never stop thinking about nutrition because its become a part of my conciousness to be calculating ratios everytime i eat. But it wont always be obsessive, and i no longer think about it in between meals or spend hours doing research and calculations. Maybe thats a pity - i couldve made a career out of it.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 12:22 pm

i'm completely obsessed about diet and nutrition, so much so that it's unhealthy (psychologically/emotionally), at times.

so i'm resisting the urge to carry on talking about it here - see if my will is strong enough to avoid going on about it...

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2006, 4:34 am

We could do a detailed weekly diet that everybody can follow, even if they are poor economically. That's what I want my "food research" to find out information for.

'how to stay at a "decent" health level through daily diet'.

In this way, one day, I might not need to think much about what I eat, since I can read it through a programme.

(even if I feel this obsession starts to leave me, I hope it will stay because I might be able to solve a lot of daily problems and worries)