Especially back in the 90s.

But look at the cows..so cute, it's the only reason I bought all those games:

And Persona 3 (and 4)
And Digital Devil Saga.
Also guilty gear (x, x2 etc.).

Bubble ghost.

and Dark Castle:
My favourite game back then.
Seeing the tortured people hanging on the wall though, I can't believe my parents let me play this game when I was six.

DanVSLV
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2009, 6:55 pm

I play Clockwork Knight a lot. No one I know has even heard about it(probably because it's for Sega Saturn lol)

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 2:53 am

Thatmew wrote:
Flight Unlimited, Fragile Alliance, NASCAR Racing 2, Noctis, Jazz Jackrabbit 2, Dr. Goo 1-3, Ramparts, MegaRace, Creatures, IAF, and Canada's Army (Just kidding.) Space Empires 2-5, but I have no clue if there was ever a one. Also, Knights & Merchants, and Inner Space, and Geneforge, Avernum, and the Exile Series.
There are other obscure games, like Pizza Tycoon and the like. It helps when there is an abandonware site in your favorites.

I have heard of Flight Unlimited, had Nascar 2, Megarace and Pizza Tycoon.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 5:58 am

I have played GalCiv, Space Empires IV and V and Fallouts as well.

The one game i usually end up as having played alone on forums is Neocron (2):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUELIJUjiJ8[/youtube]

Even if the game is partially broken and no patch have been released for almost 2 years (because of insolvency), there are still a bunch of hardcore followers that play it.

Oh, almost forgot:

Superpower 2:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G68PaVkBGFI[/youtube]

Fun RTS game which also include politics and macro economics. Cannot get the damn thing to work now because of the crappy DRM system!

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 6:53 am

-Alleyway,

-Triggerheart,

-Ikuruga,

in that order.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 5:27 pm

Aviator. Upside-down through Acornsville for the proverbial win.

The year is still young.

SonofStorms
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2009, 8:10 pm

fallout 1,2 BOS (playstaion2), and tactics
persona 3
SMT: nocturne
all of the Suikoden series...1-6 and tactics
american McGee's alice
warcraft 2
plus many others.....and always looking for more

TheKingsRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2009, 6:44 am

kalantir wrote:
Slash'Em - Possibly one of my favorite games ever, but I've yet to meet anyone who's heard of it prior to me mentioning it.

expansion pack to nethack, is it really that uncommon to have heard of it?

I've plaid quite a lot of obsucre games, but I have no way of knowing what ones are actually rare. Probably some of the interactive fiction games I found on the net are the rarest I've played.

Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2009, 11:56 am

SonofStorms wrote:
fallout 1,2 BOS (playstaion2), and tactics
persona 3
SMT: nocturne <--- I want to play this game sooo badly, but it's nowhere to be found anymore:(.. except used games I suppose or ridiculously expensive copies.
all of the Suikoden series...1-6 and tactics
american McGee's alice
warcraft 2
plus many others.....and always looking for more

Godzilla
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2009, 3:24 pm

Cyberman wrote:
I suppose not too many people know about the Ubersoldier games. I got them because I really like FPS games and I'm probably the only gamer who isn't sick to death of WW2. :lol:

I've heard of that game. It's about a German Nazi soldier who was killed and brought back with enchanced abilities by Americans. And now he supports American troops, right?

Yeah, I've read that that game is awful. Which is a shame, since I like it's sci-fi plot.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2009, 2:32 am

Godzilla wrote:
I've heard of that game. It's about a German Nazi soldier who was killed and brought back with enchanced abilities by Americans. And now he supports American troops, right?

That's the one. He was actually brought back by the Nazis, but yeah, he supports the Allies now, because they "took control of him."

Godzilla wrote:
Yeah, I've read that that game is awful. Which is a shame, since I like it's sci-fi plot.

I agree, there was a lot of wasted potential. It wasn't the worst game I've played, but still very B-Grade. Especially the voice-acting... it's totally unbelievable and ruins the experience, like a badly dubbed movie (though maybe it's not so bad in the non-English versions, I don't know.) Ubersoldier II is a little better, but I still can't beat the Nazi Super-Uber-Duber-Soldier boss thingy (Dietrich Schneider) and I'm beginning to wonder if this game was left "unfinished"...

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2009, 4:02 am

TheKingsRaven wrote:
kalantir wrote:
Slash'Em - Possibly one of my favorite games ever, but I've yet to meet anyone who's heard of it prior to me mentioning it.

expansion pack to nethack, is it really that uncommon to have heard of it?

Yeah. lol. I think the problem was that most of the nethack fans felt like it added too much unbalance to the game. I prefer to think of it like it added a lot of variety. Variety usually has some unbalancing things to go with it. But then again those same people do nothing but try to obtain the Ascension Kit. Which pretty much just unbalances the game so much that the only time you'd ever die its YASD or something you have virtually no control over. Or you can just be like me, get the entire ascension kit, get towards the endgame, and realize your bag of holding that just blew up via unidentified wand of cancellation had every candle in the game. Needless to say I understand the importance of stockpiling things in various places now. Oh... and the importance of NEVER putting an unidentified wand in your bag of holding. Before you try to tell me ways I could have gotten out of that situation... I had used every wand of wishing, every throne, every magic lamp, every smoky potion, every fountain, etc... There was no possible way for me to get a wish except random wand of wish drop. I had used every sink so pudding farming was out of the question. I spent well over 10 hours of gameplay wandering around trying to get some candles or a wand of wishing before realizing I could have just started a new game and been done with it.

MattD
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2009, 6:02 am

I will say Natural Selection because last time i made a thread about it here nobody replied.

darkfire627
Raven
Raven

19 May 2009, 1:55 am

I used to play a game called Evil Genius. No one that I knew had heard of it anyway...

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 3:41 am

How far can we go ? Because i remember a game on the first gameboy ever named Choplifter that i never completed (mostly due to losing said cartridge). It was an odd game where you had to go rescue stranded people in war time while avoiding the canyon walls and enemy fire... <.<

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

19 May 2009, 5:57 am

Recently, I've been able to add the gamecube game Geist to my list. Even online it appears obscure. IMO, it just came out too late on the console's life span, and its framerate drops and glitches were blown out of proportions by those who did professional reviews.