Historical Persons Who May Have Been on the Spectrum

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 6:23 pm

The leaders of Nazi Party (hitler, Himmler, etc.) seems more Schizotypal than anything else.

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 6:26 pm

What about Trotsky?

He was uninterested in small talk and many of his comrades "admired him, but not liked him", because he was uncapable of having an dialog.

oppositedirection
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 6:32 pm

TPE2 wrote:
The leaders of Nazi Party (hitler, Himmler, etc.) seems more Schizotypal than anything else.
Schizotypal is usually anti-social rather than specific lack of social skills found in AS. Given that most of the hierarchy were sociable, this doesn't fit for me. If they had AS, they got around social difficulties because their obsessiveness fitted the heavily dogmatic approach to politics the Nazi's demanded. Schizotypal's wouldn't have that obsessive advantage.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 7:30 pm

Hitler has been described as hard to reach and as being totally inside his own world. He could have long repetitive monologues for hours in front of just a few listeners. His body language was supposedly always a bit awkward and he had the aspie gaze, he looked more through people than at them even when he looked them in the eyes. On top of this he never had a driver license but he enjoyed being in the passenger seat and just daydreaming, also common among aspies.

An aspie can be social but excentric. This fits many historical nazis.

I'm convinced Hitler was an aspie because I'm an aspie and in many ways he was like me.

The three cornerstones of Nazi-Germany were Asperger, homosexuality and germanic culture. Mixed together it's the recipe for nazism.

Last edited by Zoonic on 13 May 2009, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 7:33 pm

Morgana wrote:
What is "the look?" Is there a look?

The gaze. People with slightly neurotic expressions and piercing eyes. Another common aspie "look" is slightly cross-eyed sleepy eyes and a constant smirk.
The first type is usually more high functioning while the smirky cross eyed type is closer to autism. The first type usually has more stilt legged, rigid walking styles while the second is more hunchbacked with their feet turned inwards and sometimes with their arms in strange positions like walking around with them behind their back.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 11:25 pm

Beware the Attack of the Gay Aspie Nazis!! !! 8O

:lol:

Modality
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 May 2009, 1:27 am

Morgana wrote:

Here's a good example: http://www.logical-operator.com/webgrap ... /Witt.jpeg

Anyway: Wittgenstein, Newton, Thomas Jefferson, Glenn Gould, maybe James Joyce and maybe Michelangelo.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 3:22 pm

Modality wrote:
Morgana wrote:

Here's a good example: http://www.logical-operator.com/webgrap ... /Witt.jpeg

Anyway: Wittgenstein, Newton, Thomas Jefferson, Glenn Gould, maybe James Joyce and maybe Michelangelo.

Oh, thanks for that example! I might have a look sort of like that, though I guess it´s hard for me to say. At least, he looks like how I feel sometimes. :lol: