Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

oppositedirection
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 5:21 pm

You can drift in life and still get stuff done. Not sure you need ambitions, go with the situation and occasionally you'll end up somewhere interesting.

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 7:23 pm

I'm ambitious when motivated by reward. If there is a perceived reward, I am an extremely ambitious workaholic. If there is no perceived gain, I have no ambition whatsoever. This is why free market capitalism appeals to me so much; it fits my very nature.

Last edited by timeisdead on 11 May 2009, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 7:27 pm

I seem to have all kinds of ambition when I'm doing the things that interest me; but if I'm doing something that doesn't hold my interest, then my lack of ambition invariably sets in and makes it a chore thing.

Iblis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 May 2009, 12:30 am

I don't have ANY ambitions AT ALL.
Never had them, so it's not like I used to have them but I couldn't go for it because I appeared to be an aspie...

millie
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 4:35 am

totally ambitious and benefit from the lucky fact that my special interest is my career.
My interest is not money, however...but respect from others in my field and also a personal wish to perpetually improve in my special interest area as well as develop.

I am not complacent at all. I work hard and love every minute of it. not a chore at all because it is my obsession and passion.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 4:50 am

I have no ambitions, and never have had any. Not, at least, in the sense of wanting a career, or particular possessions, or anything like that.

The year is still young.

biscuitpaws
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2009, 8:36 am

marshall wrote:
I have next to zero ambition when it comes to fighting through red tape, filling out paper work, or financial stuff in general. I also have very little motivation to advertise myself to people. I have a lot of talents and skills yet I still despise filling out applications, doing job interviews, etc.

I'm like this too. Things like filling out tax forms or financial aid paperwork is so mind-numbingly uninteresting to me. I mean, they're stuff that most people in general hate doing, but the difference is that they do it anyway because it means something to them, whereas I don't really get why it's necessary because they seem so pointless. Very practical "real world" things like taxes, credit scores, money, etc. go over my impractically-minded little head. I inhabit a world of concepts, ideas, and theories and it's sooo difficult to pull it down to the practical world. Generally I have little ambition about most things in the practical world, and despite being quite intelligent I find it difficult to pursue jobs and whatnot.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 8:46 am

are we talking "practical" ambitions..? i still think "making the world a better place" an achieveable ambition but it doesn't seem so likely. i have no ambition to pay taxes etc but then i see no real purpose to it, plus i don't pay taxes :) yay for benefits..
i would question those who say they have no ambition, as to why they feel that way? is there not a single thing you would like to achieve? no offence i am just trying to understand.