Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2004, 1:47 pm

I went to the Phychatrist today and he changed my meds a bit. He keopt me on the 20mg of Lexapro, but since I went up to 20mg I've felt more tired then when i was on 10mg but it worked better my mom said. So he gave me a stimulant which also helps with attention span and ADD. It helps me stay awake more and focused on things. He also gave me sleeping pills to help me fall asleep at night so I'm not tired during the day. Im wondering though can I still drink beer before bedtime? Also he said I'm better talking to the Phychologist about my social skills. Could my Phychologist help me with getting a date?

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2004, 3:04 pm

Have you heard of a book called "How to make friends and influence people" by Dale Carnigie? Its a very useful book if you need help with social skills, how to meet people , etc. I've found it very helpful advice for jub interviews in the past. As for getting a date though, I really couldnt help you!

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2004, 3:52 pm

tom wrote:
Have you heard of a book called "How to make friends and influence people" by Dale Carnigie? Its a very useful book if you need help with social skills, how to meet people , etc. I've found it very helpful advice for jub interviews in the past. As for getting a date though, I really couldnt help you!

Does it give advice on dating?

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2004, 3:56 pm

Not specifially, just meeting people in general.

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2004, 4:25 pm

tom wrote:
Not specifially, just meeting people in general.

Well I want a gf. A pretty one.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2004, 5:17 pm

If you're intelligent and sane enough to willingly TAKE psychiatric medications... than you don't really need them...

All the real crazies believe they're perfectly sane and intelligent... even when they're advocating arson, terrorism and war...

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2004, 5:29 pm

Feste-Fenris wrote:
If you're intelligent and sane enough to willingly TAKE psychiatric medications... than you don't really need them...

All the real crazies believe they're perfectly sane and intelligent... even when they're advocating arson, terrorism and war...

I still want a gf though. I want one whos pretty like that soccer girl or like kathleen England.

gwynfryn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2004, 6:37 pm

Feste-Fenris wrote:

Unusual wisdom! But you neglected to mention rising stocks and shares for defense companies...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2004, 9:22 pm

perhaps if you got a life you'd find a pretty girlfriend. I hope you're reasonable looking, because she sure as hell won't like you for your attitude.

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2004, 10:09 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
perhaps if you got a life you'd find a pretty girlfriend. I hope you're reasonable looking, because she sure as hell won't like you for your attitude.

Im a nice guy. The meds though made me sleep all day, but he said if they are working he's giving me a stimulant. I want one between 20-30ish.

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2004, 10:55 pm

Using too much alc and sleeping pills not a good idea they are both relaxants. Ask your doctor how much some say no more than 3 drinks in a 24 hour time frame.

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2004, 11:04 pm

V111 wrote:
Using too much alc and sleeping pills not a good idea they are both relaxants. Ask your doctor how much some say no more than 3 drinks in a 24 hour time frame.

Also 60 pills for sleeping cost a WOPPING 45 dollar co pay. :x :x Little bastards better work!

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2004, 12:58 am

What kind of sleeping pill did he give you? I've tried all of them and found that a stacked combination of 75mg lamactil two hours before bed, 25 mg trazadone 1 hour before bed, and then 10 mg ambien right before bed (and I mean RIGHT before - that one knocks me out) works wonders -unless there is a thunderstorm I sleep like a normal person . . .

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2004, 1:35 am

animallover wrote:
What kind of sleeping pill did he give you? I've tried all of them and found that a stacked combination of 75mg lamactil two hours before bed, 25 mg trazadone 1 hour before bed, and then 10 mg ambien right before bed (and I mean RIGHT before - that one knocks me out) works wonders -unless there is a thunderstorm I sleep like a normal person . . .

You got me lost already lol. Too many pills.

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2004, 1:46 pm

Those are just my sleeping pills - we won't get into the antidepressants and thyroid meds . . . plus vitamins . . .

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2004, 2:18 am

animallover wrote:
Those are just my sleeping pills - we won't get into the antidepressants and thyroid meds . . . plus vitamins . . .

8O My dad had a stroke a few years ago and doesnt work anymore cause of it and the stress, and he takes like 10 different pills a day. 8O Thank god for VA.