Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

quantum42
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 May 2009, 7:55 pm

I think that this kind of thing that is going on in the UK at the moment is typical of NT's. They want rules (and laws) but are so prepared to bend these for themselves. (its not just MP's it a whole range of so-called do-gooders) Its a kind of self denial that is practised by NT's and its a self congratulating hypocrisy. Does it mean that NT's should NOT be running governments?

PullBackOnTheStick
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2009, 2:11 am

I'm almost 45 years old and have only realised very recently that people break rules all the time. There's a gulf between what society tells us we are supposed to do and what actually happens in practice with most people. I've found Temple Grandin's four rule categories very useful (Really Bad Things, Courtesy Rules, Illegal but not Bad and Sins of the System).

The MP's expenses thing is really annoying - typical "do as we say, not as we do". I don't know whether it's a reason to stop NTs running things though, there are more of them than there are of us after all!

misslottie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2009, 8:15 am

as if the expenses thing is not bad enough, all the UK media have become irredeemably americanized and now refer to THE speaker as 'speaker michael martin', which is WRONG.

and- as if that were not BAD ENOUGH now esther rantzen is going to stand for parliament!! !!

heaven help us. :roll: