Yes Im sure I can

Or vise versa....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGSq-bJhRFY[/youtube]

flipflopjenkins
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2009, 2:03 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
I have just seen a report that some US army men have bonded with their robots.

What do you think ?

When I was younger I wanted to be friends with Johnny Five from the Short Circuit films.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 3:31 pm

I'm very fond of my bike. She's called Bessie. I know she's an object, but I always enjoy getting into work with her assistance, and I get upset when she goes wrong. I've always had attachments to my bikes, and they've always been female. (Even the mountain bikes.)

Other than that... well, I could fall for a robot like Data.

bluerose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2009, 4:38 pm

I guess some could, but for me I couldn't because I need to feel there is some reciprocity there. I can get attached to objects on a certain level, but it's a very shallow kind of attachment. And in the end they're all made by other humans and designed by them so it's really an admiration of whoever designed the thing than the object itself if that makes sense :D

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2009, 8:58 am

azulene wrote:
I think I remember seeing a documentary that had a woman passionately in love with a fence.

that documentary you seen was most likely called "married to the eiffel tower" i seen it too on veoh.com it was intersting to find out theres people out there that are alittle differnt then the normal well i have confession to make too........

i have loved door closers since i was 12, when my middle school mates were looking fowards to their first crush or boy or girlfriends, my eyes were looking up at door closers. (i will say that im NOT sexual with them)

stone_man, about your truck, similar happened to me (no, didn't roll one over) but once me and my grandmother were coming home from a store and some jerk cut us off and we slammed into the side of his car, i cried while still sitting in the car, took the polcie a while to figure out, I was not hurt, but just saddened soo bad to seen the car i liked riding in get damaged beyond repair. (yet the next day i started 6th grade)

what really erks me, (ticks me off) (even though my love is NOT cars, but still) if you live in the united states its that government run program called "cash for clunkers" I mean why KILL IT when you can freaking fix it??? or part it out and fix damaged parts??? I mean to me, its like a mechanical version of what Adolf Hitler did in Germany and Poland I think!

if I died and came back as a car, I would NEVER want to die because some mechanic drained my oil and put in 2 quarts of sodium silicate (mixture of silica sand or beads with water and salt, used to seize the engine) and floored the engine until I cannot start again and the fellow mechanics laugh about my engine sounds........ sorry but I think its just wrong to support such a car killing program I watched it on youtube and got to about video 3 and just had to close the browser tab because it was soo sad to see engines tortured that way!

what I think, SELL IT don't donate it to some program were its just going to die and not get a new life with someone else for another 7 to 15 years!!.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2009, 1:08 pm

See: Westworld and Futureworld.

ruveyn