Page 4 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 10:38 am

Postperson wrote:
yeah that's why they do it. i think these days i'm attempting only to show pity to those who i know are capable of it themselves, so it's a bit of a new era for me. not sure how it will go at this stage.

I have the honor of advocating compassion to those members that have been banned for disturbing the peace of our online community. I have been wrong several times and had to re- ban some returning members again, but I would rather be compassionate and be wrong than right all along and not have given them the second chance.

Merle

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Jun 2009, 6:59 pm

Greentea wrote:
From my personal experience, I have a lot less contact with people this way. But that's because they never liked me; only now they have no use for me.

That is the situation that stands, with my relatives. They have no use for me. My mother, and two siblings live very close by, but they don't give a hell about me. There is no way that they can use me anymore, so the above quote fits perfectly. I was always the outcast and black sheep, in my family.

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2009, 12:41 am

This whole thread has been fascinating and enlightening. Good luck to you, Greentea, whether you live on your own or with your father. I'm new to WP so haven't seen much of your writing, but have enjoyed what I've seen so far.

I'm able to live on my own, but am currently planning a move to a less expensive part of the U.S. than where I currently live so I can continue to afford to live on my own. I can't handle the complexity of home ownership, so I'll rent, and hope that my little niche that provides income continues to do so.

My family is small, and my friends are few. Only two family members seem to grasp my diagnosis, though neither would have me live with them. One, my father, is too old and in poor health. The other is a cousin with a family of her own. Because of distances and disinterest, I see neither. I don't like to travel, and neither do they, so it's all long-distance.

To follow up on the animal metaphors about family, I'm the cockatoo in a family of sheep.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2009, 5:20 am

Thank you, Aoi. Things have changed some since this thread, but the idea is still there.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jul 2009, 6:44 pm

Greentea wrote:
Thank you, Aoi. Things have changed some since this thread, but the idea is still there.

Would you share what has changed? If it is relevant, to your ideas, that is.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2009, 10:55 pm

Not changed in the sense of me having better ideas now, mind you. Just that I know now that getting social benefits money each month is extremely rare, and it's only for people who are unemployable. I'm not unemployable, I get jobs and lose them constantly. So I'll probably have to get used to the idea of working and getting fired all the time until retirement age.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 1:08 am

Greentea wrote:
I get jobs and lose them constantly. So I'll probably have to get used to the idea of working and getting fired all the time until retirement age.

:? :( :cry:

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 3:23 am

Yep, it's a weird way to live.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jul 2009, 12:42 pm

Greentea wrote:
Not changed in the sense of me having better ideas now, mind you. Just that I know now that getting social benefits money each month is extremely rare, and it's only for people who are unemployable. I'm not unemployable, I get jobs and lose them constantly. So I'll probably have to get used to the idea of working and getting fired all the time until retirement age.

I know all about that, Greentea. :( I have lost count of the jobs I've been fired from, just because people thought that there was something "off" about me, and then deduced that it made me a risk of some kind. One of the more hurtful incidents, was when I worked in health care. My co-workers and boss concocted a story about me injuring a patient, so that they could fire me. I remember the patient they referred to-he was twice my size, and strongly built. 8O It took a long time for me to heal from that ugliness.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 1:30 pm

Yes, it takes me a long time to heal from each job nightmare. But I hope that if I start taking each job as a temporary thing, I won't mind so much and I'll be less hurt when the horrible things happen and then I end up fired.

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 3:02 pm

Having never been fired, I can't quite relate. But that's because I've only been hired twice. One time the employer needed someone and I was the only applicant; the other time everyone was hired. Both were short-term contract jobs. Otherwise I manage to do something during the interview that ends my chances of receiving a job offer.

That's how I ended up freelance. I wonder, Greentea or others on this thread, if turning the hire/fire cycle into a consulting business in which you work from a home office is realistic. It has worked out well for me, though I realize every profession and country has its own way of functioning, so maybe it won't work. Just an idea, I suppose.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2009, 11:19 pm

:idea: which is good topic

Go for it, Greentea.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2009, 10:18 am

I'm in sessions now to get a diagnosis. I hope this time I'm not told that I don't have any neurological problem, just an unpleasant personality, as the previous one dictaminated...

TomAdams92
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Aug 2009, 1:23 pm

That sounds like it'd be a happy life to me personally