Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 11:48 pm

I guess that would be a dumb question to ask literally so lemme rephrase it "Do you find the common way of life boring?"

Dont you think that it's a bit dull that most of are gonna do nothing with our life but experience relationship drama, get a dull 9-5 job then get married and have kids to add to the relationship drama until we're all rotting dead old people?

Dont you wish life was a little more like TV? I mean sure there's greater risk of getting killed (if TV shows were more like real life) but at least I would be going on more thrilling adventures depending on the genre. It's depressing to think that alot of those primetime scripted do not represent reality. Take crime shows for example...yes there's plenty of risk (both in reality and fiction) of getting shot down and killed but aside from that...it seems they make the general investigating of crimes more interesting than if one were working in this field in real life. Or in medical dramas...they seems to make treating patients more exciting than a doctor in real life would make it. Don't get me started on sitcoms! :evil:

I'm desperate for a little more thrill and adventure in my life...even if it does kill me.

But of course, I'm sure we're all killing for life to be more like Harry Potter and for all of us to be Wizards.

Ugh, life is sooo boring to me! :lol:

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 2:20 am

i wish i had magic powers. that would be sweet.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 2:25 am

No I wouldn't say life is boring, but I suppose it's predictable. My life more predictable then mosts. On the t.v life is shown under the scrutiny of those who make the programmes . They will only show that which is important, get's the point across or something which is associated with hype.

Life is different, all the unwanted bits can't be edited out. I guess the key to living a 'full' life is to keep the mundane experiences to a bare minimum and the 'action' parts as frequent as possible...

desmonami
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2009, 3:31 am

Life is as interesting as you make it.

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2009, 4:56 am

I don't find life boring that much

Khaaaaan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2009, 8:32 am

life is so boring that it makes me want to alter reality to my will and possibly destroy the universe

b9
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 8:48 am

moles are boring animals.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 8:57 am

Sometimes. It's why I spend a few hours or so every night pretending I'm living in a Stephen King novel and/or willing it to be true. Or any other different reality. It's currently S.K.'s The Stand, but I've also lived in the world(s) of Harry Potter, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, and various books, ect.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 9:36 am

No, however, I find it rather pointless.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 12:39 pm

a little, it's predictable for the most part. It can be side splittingly hilarious at times though

Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 12:47 pm

Dude, I couldn't possibly find life any more boring.

I wake up early in the morning, work my dead end warehouse job, then spend the rest of the day looking for something to do until I go to bed. I usually find something to do, but it's incredibly boring, mostly because I have to do it alone.

Sure would be alot more fun if I had the social skills.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 2:28 pm

I've always been addicted to fiction, and most of my mental life has been lived inside some fiction or other. Now at last I've found a lifestyle that is actually quite reminiscent of a fiction! Bummer that it has to be "Dilbert", though... :?

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 2:45 pm

I want the kind of action you can only get in movies and video games. A good video game, to me, beats real life. I also lived inside fictional worlds all my life but it never was a problem until I reached adult age. Looking back at my life, what kept me alive in school as a 12 year old was the fact that I would get home everyday and play Final Fantasy VI.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 3:00 pm

886 wrote:

Sure would be alot more fun if I had the social skills.

I used to think that to but I felt even when I had friends and some array of social skills that I would still find life boring. NTs may have more social skills and friends to keep them sane but they would still haveta live by the dull degree of life that everyone else is forced to...to get a job and build relationships. Not so adventerous or destiny-like that storytellers can make things out to be.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 3:04 pm

No. I do not find life boring.
I find life to be exhausting, chaotic, loud, and generally overstimulating.
I wish that the majority of "life" would just leave me alone.
I would love to retreat to some mountain hermitage where absolutely nothing ever happens,
except the fascinating patterns and cycles of Nature.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 3:10 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
I guess that would be a dumb question to ask literally so lemme rephrase it "Do you find the common way of life boring?"

Dont you think that it's a bit dull that most of are gonna do nothing with our life but experience relationship drama, get a dull 9-5 job then get married and have kids to add to the relationship drama until we're all rotting dead old people?

It depends on what is going on in their minds, I mean every day I have to fill the washing machine, move the washed clothes into the dryer, fold the clothes, fill the dishwasher, make a couple of meals, make tea, get washed, get dressed, eat and those are all very mundane things but what I do in between and what goes on in my mind makes life very interesting to me.