Tired of struggling w/ system inexperienced with HFA!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2017, 8:33 pm

Hello,

Since govt. funded services appear unable to be responsive to the needs of clientele with (HFA) High Functioning Autism i.e., Aspergers, I'm considering enlisting private-pay (affordable) professional services; as it's not always possible to enlist the support of trusted family, or friends.

Yet, locating such services proves to be a tiring, elusive process. The definitions of such services are; fiduciary services, advocacy, trust management services, and consumer-related advocacy services; which are mainly geared towards responding to problems e.g., consumer credit counseling. The objective is to enlist services to prevent problem situations (proactive approaches) in the first place.

Specifically, services are sometimes necessary to act as "third parties" to be present for those "tricky" transactions periodically a part of everyday life e.g., navigating the process/paperwork in the purchase of vehicles/cars, advisors for help in renting apartments, health & medical issues.

In short, in an ever-more complex world, even neurotypicals sometimes need to enlist the help of professional services.

Please help by boosting examples of professional services that have successfully advised Neurotypcial and Asperger clientele alike!

Thank-you

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2017, 3:16 pm

Here wrote:
Hello,

Since govt. funded services appear unable to be responsive to the needs of clientele with (HFA) High Functioning Autism i.e., Aspergers, I'm considering enlisting private-pay (affordable) professional services; as it's not always possible to enlist the support of trusted family, or friends.

Yet, locating such services proves to be a tiring, elusive process. The definitions of such services are; fiduciary services, advocacy, trust management services, and consumer-related advocacy services; which are mainly geared towards responding to problems e.g., consumer credit counseling. The objective is to enlist services to prevent problem situations (proactive approaches) in the first place.

Specifically, services are sometimes necessary to act as "third parties" to be present for those "tricky" transactions periodically a part of everyday life e.g., navigating the process/paperwork in the purchase of vehicles/cars, advisors for help in renting apartments, health & medical issues.

In short, in an ever-more complex world, even neurotypicals sometimes need to enlist the help of professional services.

Please help by boosting examples of professional services that have successfully advised Neurotypcial and Asperger clientele alike!

Thank-you

ADDENDUM:

Hello,

Okay, yes, I’ve been told that my wordy style of writing can confuse readers; which is probably why readers have hesitated to respond to this discussion topic -- enough said!

In short, Govt. supported services are largely inexperienced with High-Functioning Autism (HFA); as services are mainly geared towards people with severe developmental disabilities; hence sentiments (you'd think) amongst Asperger adults for private-pay alternatives.

"Out-of-the-box" approaches (especially in the eyes of Govt. supported services) is to draw parallels with support services for senior citizens who are able to live their lives with "least restrictions to independence" (even in cases of executive functioning difficulties - also common with Aspergers).

After all, many Asperger adults in middle age are also considering support services for their elder parents; and many elders can still function with "least restrictions to independence." Can some types of support services for senior citizens "fit the bill" concerning both Aspergers??

The original post, and related thread provide further details:

Related thread: Any Senior/Adult Aspies w/ Financial Management Issues? (last post as of this writing- page 2): viewtopic.php?t=59677

Thank-you