Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

kenpachi7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2008, 4:26 am

Does anyone else feel like their life is going to complete crap? My social life is dead at this point, and its not because I didn't try. My grades are suffering, my life seems to have no direction, and I don't find much enjoyment in much anymore.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 6:37 am

happens to everyone. But things do get better

k96822
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 10:29 am

Hang in there. Pakled is right -- this happens to all humans. Even Britany Spears. :wink:

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 3:41 pm

thats a wicked yet accurate analogy.

9/10 for effort :)

k96822
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 3:44 pm

Dantac wrote:
thats a wicked yet accurate analogy.

9/10 for effort :)

Thanks! I'm scoring well on tests today. *Hugs self, stims*

kenpachi7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2008, 5:36 pm

thanks all, and ya nice analogy.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2008, 12:23 am

There are seasons for every moment under heaven (Ecclesiastes 3).

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

09 Feb 2008, 3:36 am

kenpachi7 wrote:
Does anyone else feel like their life is going to complete crap? My social life is dead at this point, and its not because I didn't try. My grades are suffering, my life seems to have no direction, and I don't find much enjoyment in much anymore.

People say that the teen years are the hardest of all and as you get older, things will start to improve. From what you said, it does sound like you could be mildly depressed. Do you have someone you could talk to about this? Such as a trusted adult?...or maybe you could talk to your school counsellor about how your feeling?
In any case, I hope you feel better soon.

Yes, I feel like my life is going to complete crap...actually, it already is complete crap. When I help others, I help myself. I never seem to be able to give myself advise...but I can give it to others really easily. I take some of the advise that I give to others and then use it for myself at times, depending on the situation.

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Feb 2008, 8:17 pm

I feel like life is complete crap sometimes. But things eventually get better. :wink:

WushuTricks
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Feb 2008, 3:35 am

Mine's going downhill. I used to be really good in school but now I'm losing the will to do school work, I'm getting very addicted to the computer, I constantly procrastinate and find excuses not to do homework, I'm not happy with my body, I have a horrible social life, and I don't think my future looks very good. What I never expected or dispised to happen is now happening and I feel like my whole life is a contradiction. And the funny thing is that I know it's happening, I know how to solve it, but I just can't no matter how hard I try. It's like half of my brain is telling me to straighten up but the other half is saying, "tough sh*t, I don't care".

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 12:35 am

WushuTricks wrote:
Mine's going downhill. I used to be really good in school but now I'm losing the will to do school work, I'm getting very addicted to the computer, I constantly procrastinate and find excuses not to do homework, I'm not happy with my body, I have a horrible social life, and I don't think my future looks very good. What I never expected or dispised to happen is now happening and I feel like my whole life is a contradiction. And the funny thing is that I know it's happening, I know how to solve it, but I just can't no matter how hard I try. It's like half of my brain is telling me to straighten up but the other half is saying, "tough sh*t, I don't care".

I know exactly what you're talking about as I still have a lab report due in a few hours. You are told that as long as you keep As and Bs you will do great. Then life happens. You are not a contradiction, the "system" is, but don't dwell on that too much. College seems distant as my act scores are mediocre because I can't focus. My social life is lagging badly as I have this tendency to be enjoyable for a while then become a mixture of weird and honesty that is repulsive to most. I'm just good at small doses, not sleepovers or movies. The "nice guys" who gave me a social life are either graduated or locked into an abusive relationship.
I started drama [propaganda dept.] this year and it helps me find a meaningful destination. Find a part-time job too, for no matter how crappy it is (and mine is pretty crappy but routine-driven) you feel reliable, and money helps.

Non-Entity
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Feb 2008, 3:00 pm

matrix wrote:
WushuTricks wrote:

I know exactly what you're talking about as I still have a lab report due in a few hours. You are told that as long as you keep As and Bs you will do great. Then life happens. You are not a contradiction, the "system" is, but don't dwell on that too much. College seems distant as my act scores are mediocre because I can't focus. My social life is lagging badly as I have this tendency to be enjoyable for a while then become a mixture of weird and honesty that is repulsive to most. I'm just good at small doses, not sleepovers or movies. The "nice guys" who gave me a social life are either graduated or locked into an abusive relationship.
I started drama [propaganda dept.] this year and it helps me find a meaningful destination. Find a part-time job too, for no matter how crappy it is (and mine is pretty crappy but routine-driven) you feel reliable, and money helps.

I feel exactly the same as Wushu described. I really appreciate the bit about getting a part-time job, matrix. I'm planning to do this and get away from the online music communities that I've been obsessing over.

I have to force myself to not make music for a while so that I can complete my resume and start applying. It's very hard because of all the emotions I have locked up... I can't talk to any of my friends because my sleep schedule is messed up and they're all working.. thus, there's no way for me to phone them up without drinking a ton of caffeine.

I actually quit taking classes and working a job at the college. I basically hate myself at this point, because I suddenly become weird and honest like matrix described. When I get to that point, people become scared, angry, and want to forget about me and never see me again. This has happened a lot of times.

As soon as I make a huge mistake, screw everything up, I have no other option but to explain that I have this syndrome... and most people don't believe it. I then become heart-broken, confused, and very nihilistic. I have to argue with myself to tell myself that I'm worth something. The part that helps me is that a few of my friends do care about me and have patience because they actually love me (in a platonic way) for who I am. Those are the ones who believe in me and tell me to keep going.

I've been a big part of a certain online music community that I'd rather not specify. There is one person who inspired me to start writing my own music about 3 or 4 years ago. This person is very psychologically damaged and has given me the message that I am evil and that I should give up on everything. I wish I had never heard his music, because I feel that he has been a source of all kinds of pain since I started e-mailing and messaging him.

I talked to another person about this, and they simply told me to keep making music and be happy. I know it's possible, but it's going to be gradual. I'm glad that I've set goals for myself; I know that I can reach them eventually. The most important part for me is learning how to focus.

I'm planning to get a part-time job very soon, so that I can save myself from the depression of hiding.

Hopefully, I can prove to people that our conditions are not a myth or excuse. So many people have told me "that's not true, you're just making that up.. you're just a bad person and you chose to do that." It's like a very awful part of me chose to do these social mistakes. It's not another personality though! It's more like the negative energy that has found a way into my mind.

Again, much appreciation for the advice, matrix. I'll be focusing on positive thoughts for now, so that I can motivate myself to get a job. I found that music tends to help shape my emotions and perspective, so I'll choose something calming and hopeful.

By the way, I apologize for my huge, pedantic rant. I've read this forum a few times before and I finally got the courage up to register an account. I'm glad I did; I relate to everyone here and it's amazing to me.

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 3:22 pm

i feel life is becoming s**t as well but it cud always b worse

kenpachi7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2008, 2:26 am

kleodimus wrote:
i feel life is becoming sh** as well but it cud always b worse

Ya, I usually tell myself it could always be worse, ... because honestly it could be. I mean, most of us live good lives away from poverty and suffering. I was down when I started this thread but now I'm feeling better, just being happy about being alive in the first place(Though I still am failing classes ;_; . Plus I'm finally trying to except and enjoy who I am even though the world rejects it.

btw, kleodimus nice avatar from a fun game

azureflames
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2008, 2:47 am

kenpachi7 wrote:

You're not alone, I've been struggling with this all my life. I've never really had a "good" social life. My friends come and go, I've never had a long term friend. Our best bet is to keep on trying and don't give up.

Zequr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Feb 2008, 9:39 am

it's not getting crap, it have already became crap, and it's not improving. In a way i don't want it to, as I don't know who is behind this crap anymore. I am the crap. I wish more for worsening and bettering nowdays, so I can get to a nice, calm home, hospital or institute where i can just.. I don't know. I just want to go there. It's relaxing in someway. Like I could just lie down and face the crap without beeing afraid anymore.