Do I need muscles and short hair to be attractive ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 12:09 pm

I do feel younger people get bombarded with imagery on social media or what we see on TV such as reality shows like Love Island and see those peoples' bodies and think that is the ideal body you SHOULD have. If you don't look like them then you probably are not attractive enough, I don't see many men on there who have hair like mine which is long but not as long as a rock star's hair is.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 12:24 pm

I've found more and more (at least younger) men have semi-longer hair, and I don't think I've ever met a lot of guys that are intensely muscly or anything like that. I think you are fine if you have long hair and are not muscly.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 1:26 pm

Quote:
The Male Form

The attractive male form represents the hard, angular, more geometric shapes rather than the soft round curves of the female form. The same symmetry of face with more masculine features defines an attractive man.  A high forehead, strong brow, and solid jaw represents a masculine face.

The body looms large in what people find attractive in the male physique.  A muscular frame with waist-to-shoulder ratio of 0.75 or less creates a well defined upper body "V".  Broad shoulders, a muscled chest, and a narrower waist meets the criteria of body perfection.

A taller man cuts a more powerful figure than a shorter one resulting in height playing an important role in what makes a man attractive.  Societies around the world attribute status with height.

Both genders unknowingly size each other up looking for the perfect mate. A man seeks a woman with reproductive possibilities.  A woman seeks a man with attributes that exhibit his possible virility.

Source:  Attractive People: How Society Defines Physical Attractiveness 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 4:21 pm

chris1989 wrote:
I do feel younger people get bombarded with imagery on social media or what we see on TV such as reality shows like Love Island and see those peoples' bodies and think that is the ideal body you SHOULD have. If you don't look like them then you probably are not attractive enough, I don't see many men on there who have hair like mine which is long but not as long as a rock star's hair is.

I believe you are better off being attractive to people who find you attractive as you are.

Muscles are just side effect of being fit and healthy what really makes you more attractive not just physically, but mentally too. If big muscles is not your thing, being reasonably fit is a good goal to have.

Unexpectedly, being too muscular actually has potential to make you life worse. It can attract a lot of attention from people you would really dislike as a person on the spectrum and alienate or intimidate people who would otherwise accept your personality. We are living in a weird society.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2021, 7:42 pm

I have short hair, and I’m not muscular.

I’m short, chubby and I’m socially awkward.

I haven’t done too bad.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 5:41 pm

I have short hair and also am chubby.

I'm socially awkward in part because I can't find anyone in my area to socialize with.

Overall, I also say I haven't done too bad.