Government computer in my head

Page 7 of 17 [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 1:10 am

Rossall wrote:
People need to be aware that their thoughts can be read by technology

What is your evidence for this?

As far as I can tell, brain science hasn't advanced anywhere near this far.

There is indeed a lot of corporate (and government) spying on people's Internet interactions, but that's not the same thing as literally reading people's thoughts.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 1:26 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Rossall wrote:
People need to be aware that their thoughts can be read by technology

What is your evidence for this?

In a court of law, hard evidence isn't required to come to a conclusion.
Things such as "Motive" and "Opportunity" are heavily considered.
Reason and personal experience are also valuable elements.

Mona Pereth wrote:
As far as I can tell, brain science hasn't advanced anywhere near this far.

I have been studying this for over 45 years.
I suspect you haven't looked into this subject anywhere this long.
Something to think about. ;)

Mona Pereth wrote:
There is indeed a lot of corporate (and government) spying on people's Internet interactions, but that's not the same thing as literally reading people's thoughts.

There are gaming devices that can interpret brainwave activity to move the cursor, for example.
There are also technologies used to help paraplegics.
I think you need to do more research.

Also:
Classified information:
Quote:
Classified information is material that a government body deems to be sensitive information that must be protected. Access is restricted by law or regulation to particular groups of people with the necessary security clearance and need to know, and mishandling of the material can incur criminal penalties.

A formal security clearance is required to view or handle classified material. The clearance process requires a satisfactory background investigation. Documents and other information must be properly marked "by the author" with one of several (hierarchical) levels of sensitivity—e.g. restricted, confidential, secret, and top secret. The choice of level is based on an impact assessment; governments have their own criteria, including how to determine the classification of an information asset and rules on how to protect information classified at each level. This process often includes security clearances for personnel handling the information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classified_information

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 1:57 am

Rossall wrote:
People need to be aware that their thoughts can be read by technology.
Evidence, please?

Sure, brain activity can be detected, but from only a few centimeters away (at the very most).  This does NOT mean that actual thoughts can be read by a machine from Earth orbit.

This is analogous to setting an unmodified AM broadcast receiver next to a monitor-less PC or laptop and expecting to hear the contents of its hard-drive being spoken in plain English over the receiver -- that just ain't gonna happen.

HOWEVER, even if what you claim is somehow true, then what do you propose we do about it?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 3:22 am

Fnord wrote:
Rossall wrote:
Evidence, please?

Sure, brain activity can be detected, but from only a few centimeters away (at the very most).  This does NOT mean that actual thoughts can be read by a machine from Earth orbit.

This is analogous to setting an unmodified AM broadcast receiver next to a monitor-less PC or laptop and expecting to hear the contents of its hard-drive being spoken in plain English over the receiver -- that just ain't gonna happen.

HOWEVER, even if what you claim is somehow true, then what do you propose we do about it?

Do you understand the concept of "Classified Information"?
I would have thought you did. You were in the navy, after all.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 7:14 am

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Rossall wrote:
Evidence, please?

Do you understand the concept of "Classified Information"?  I would have thought you did. You were in the navy, after all.
Classified information exists, yet the mere existence of classified information neither implies nor expresses the details of any specific piece of classified information.  To claim otherwise is like those 19th-century journalists who somehow "knew" that there was intelligent life on the surface of Venus, and for no other reason than the fact that the Venerian atmosphere was too cloudy to see the surface.

As for the claim that people's thoughts can be read by technology: This claim likely originated either with science-fiction writers, or with homeless schizophrenics who wrap their heads in aluminum foil whenever they go off their meds.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 10:51 am

Fnord wrote:

I don't expect you to do anything. I'm just venting instead of just keeping my experiences bottled up.

Fnord wrote:
homeless schizophrenics who wrap their heads in aluminum foil whenever they go off their meds

You're all heart.. I take my meds religiously and have a rented flat. Thanks for your concern though.. :roll:

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2022, 12:51 pm

Rossall wrote:
There are gaming devices that can interpret brainwave activity to move the cursor, for example.

Todays technology is not sophisticated enough to decipher brainwaves and brain networks into concrete verbal thoughts. If it was, I'd already have bought the appropriate sensor chips and tried to built a thought reading device for the challenge and experiments.

Maybe at some point an AI connected to a device which monitors brainwaves and brain networking can be finetuned to an individual persons brain to recognize thoughts which it has been trained on. But that technology isn't here yet.
Such a finetuned AI with appropriate sensor most likely wouldn't work on any other person, as the network which gets activated in your brain when you think of the word "test" would likely be totally different than the "test" word network in the brain of another person.

Btw, did you already test if you can interrupt the possible connection of that government computer by throwing a dopamine receptor blocking molecule at your brain? Would be one of the first things I'd test if I got unsolicited connections to my brain. At least if I didn't voluntarily open some network ports through certain other molecules.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 1:42 pm

Silence23 wrote:
Todays technology is not sophisticated enough to decipher brainwaves and brain networks into concrete verbal thoughts. If it was, I'd already have bought the appropriate sensor chips and tried to built a thought reading device for the challenge and experiments.
If you did secretly develop that technology would you want it in the public domain?

No. it would cause riots. This is top secret technology. They've chosen someone with a technical background (I used to work as an electronics technician) and a lot of time on their hands.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Last edited by Rossall on 17 Dec 2022, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2022, 1:45 pm

You can't secretly develop such a technology. Secret services don't own any chip fabs. They send a chip design to private companies in Taiwan and tell them to produce the chips.

Btw some people with autism take dopamine receptor blockers and they help them.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 1:48 pm

Silence23 wrote:
You can't secretly develop such a technology.

Says who exactly? The whole point of secret technology is that the public don't know about it. I've had 2 job interviews with GCHQ in Cheltenham so I know all about secret technology..

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 4:16 pm

Computer now saying 'we're not going to kill you but we will scare the s**t out of you occasionally' along with abdominal tension and anxiety.. 8O

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 6:04 pm

Rossall wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I don't expect you to do anything. I'm just venting instead of just keeping my experiences bottled up.
Why do you find in necessary to share these alleged experiences?
Rossall wrote:
Fnord wrote:
. . . homeless schizophrenics who wrap their heads in aluminum foil whenever they go off their meds.
You're all heart.  I take my meds religiously and have a rented flat.  Thanks for your concern though.
I am just sharing my most likely speculations instead of keeping them to myself.  There is no need to take them personally.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 6:08 pm

Rossall wrote:
Computer now saying "we're not going to kill you, but we will scare the s**t out of you occasionally" along with abdominal tension and anxiety.
Please seek medical care, if only to check the efficacy of your meds.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 6:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
Why do you find in necessary to share these alleged experiences?

Isn't the point of The Haven for people to share their experiences Fnord?

Welcome to The Haven

This area is protected more than any other forum on this site. When someone posts here, they are in distress and seeking help and support from other members.

Do NOT post anything that could cause further distress.

Committing a personal attack in The Haven will result in immediate disciplinary action. Furthermore, do not:

• Debate with the original poster about their beliefs.
Trying to persuade an atheist to pray to God is not appropriate. Similarly, attacking a believer's religious views is not appropriate either.

Provide unsolicited advice. Unless advice is specifically requested, respond with supportive comments rather than solutions. Unwanted advice can make some people feel unheard and patronized. If you feel you have truly helpful advice, ask the OP first if they would like advice.

viewtopic.php?t=297515

Last edited by Rossall on 17 Dec 2022, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 6:40 pm

Regardless of your impressions, I do wish you well.  Please take care of yourself.  Bye.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 7:09 pm

Fnord wrote:
Regardless of your impressions, I do wish you well.  Please take care of yourself.  Bye.
Ever heard of Rockwell-Collins? 30 years ago I was working for them as an avionics engineer. Then I had a nervous breakdown..