My mother makes me feel awful

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 8:41 pm

My mother makes me feel awful. I finally get my nerve up to make a phone call and she just brings me down by telling me how "standoffish" I am. When I ask her how I am "standoffish" she says "I can't fix you!" I wasn't asking her to "fix me" but to tell me what is so "standoffish" she can't do that either. I have undiagnosed selective mutism so bad I could not call 911 if I got hurt but she refuses to believe me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 9:18 pm

it seems like your mother is not dependable to be supportive of you. a better idea would be to do what it takes to get a separate more dependable person in your corner, either face to face or via social media/texting. i got a LOT of help from my aspie meetup group, i don't know if you're on the spectrum or not but there are meetup groups out there in general that might help you.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 9:34 pm

You can text 911 if you are unable to call.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2024, 8:24 pm

She's still at it too. She told me to "let her die in peace" and told me I need to get over this depression as if it's a choice. Well it is mostly her fault for not helping me with my special intrest or getting me to someone who can. "I called one vet. Sorry it was a misunderstanding Te hee. Now shut up and leave me alone and be greatful I called the one"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2024, 9:30 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
She told me to "let her die in peace"

I'd be tempted to give her what she wants. Some people are impossible to please.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2024, 9:10 am

I am sorry your mom is dying, perhaps you can text her or go and see her before she passes? I would try and ignore the negative comments she makes. If it's too much, I wouldn't go or even talk to her while she is passing. She is making this choice to treat you like this than making it peaceful for herself to have a good relationship with you before her passing.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2024, 12:14 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I am sorry your mom is dying, perhaps you can text her or go and see her before she passes? I would try and ignore the negative comments she makes. If it's too much, I wouldn't go or even talk to her while she is passing. She is making this choice to treat you like this than making it peaceful for herself to have a good relationship with you before her passing.

She ISN'T dying

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2024, 12:15 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:

I'd be tempted to give her what she wants. Some people are impossible to please.

IF she were actually dying. She isn't.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2024, 12:37 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:

IF she were actually dying. She isn't.

We're all dying, it's just a matter time.

If someone's made it clear they don't want me in their life, I give them what they've asked for. If they change their mind later that's a them issue.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2024, 2:33 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

She ISN'T dying

So she didn't mean it when she said to let her die in peace.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2024, 5:21 pm

League_Girl wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

She ISN'T dying

So she didn't mean it when she said to let her die in peace.

I don't know what she meant. She's just been really weird and mean these past few days.