Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

dupertuis
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2011, 5:55 am

Both my wife and my daughter talk about ghosts in our home as if they see them roaming the hall in slippers and bathrobe. I look into empty space and go, "Okaaaaay."

I'm open-minded on the subject, but I can't pick up the vibes of the living, much less the departed!

How about you? Any aspies here with that sixth sense?

dp

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 6:04 am

dupertuis wrote:
Both my wife and my daughter talk about ghosts in our home as if they see them roaming the hall in slippers and bathrobe. I look into empty space and go, "Okaaaaay."

I'm open-minded on the subject, but I can't pick up the vibes of the living, much less the departed!

dp

Ahhhh nope, I don't see dead people either, and I think it's not a bad thing....
I once caught my husband flashing his mobile into the darkness and taking pics, (woke me up ...)and he said he saw something. I told him it was just freddy krueger , and to try and not fall asleep that night. Then I happily snored until morning, he had very dark circles around his eyes at breakfast :D He forgave me though haha!!

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 6:40 am

The ghosts in my house are autistic. They don't socialize so we never know they're there.

deadinhead
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 7:15 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
The ghosts in my house are autistic. They don't socialize so we never know they're there.

:lol: same here I guess.

COCONUT-MOON TURTLE!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 10:01 am

dupertuis wrote:

dp
your wife is just doing some empathy with your daughter, playing along, nice sense of humor!! She must be very funny and a bless to live with someone like her :D congrats man!

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 10:28 am

I don't see dead people. However, when I lived with my parents, my mother said I always kind of "came home" a few minutes before I physically came home. She'd always know when I was about to come home, even though she had no idea what my schedule was. She'd feel my presence somehow for a few minutes before I'd walk in the door.

The rest of the family was really skeptical of this at first and thought she was nuts and we actually tested this, with me coming home at random times without her having any idea what my plan was, and she'd always tell another family member in the house in 10 minutes' advance that I was about to come.

So in a way I guess I send a ghost version of myself ahead of me. :lol:

My mother experienced the same with my father, but never with my siblings or anyone else.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 10:55 am

I have to wonder if it's an emperor-has-no-clothes thing and one is saying they see them so the other will think better of them.
The concept of ghosts makes no sense to me. :(

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

26 Mar 2011, 11:15 am

We were having dinner at my sister's house once and I briefly caught sight of a small grey cat or dog going out of the door, just on the periphery of my vision, and commented on it because having checked, her two (small) dogs were still snoozing underneath the table.
She said that both her and hubby had sometimes seen it in the same way, and that visitors had also commented - but the thing is, this is the first time it had been mentioned to me.
Neither (real!) dog would go upstairs, and would sometimes become agitated and growl at something unseen on the stairs. I've seen them do it: totally out of their usual character and they were not happy about something they could sense.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 12:31 pm

I saw a shadowy figure peek around the corner of my lit hallway, but that's all I have here.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 12:33 pm

deadinhead wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

:lol: same here I guess.

Careful, you might summon the invisable perverts. :P

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 12:45 pm

dupertuis wrote:

I have been to plenty of "haunted" places where other people claim to feel creeped-out. Most had a sudden change in air temperature, or a cold draft, or the smell of damp. Some had sudden changes in light levels, such as bright light coming from a low level, which could dazzle.

I think I could create a "haunted" place, and I think fun fairs and amusement parks know the formula.

I don't totally discount an extra sense - some holy relics, human bones and places that have been occupied or touched by humans have an effect on my mood. I really like the sense of a piece of a material that has been polished smooth over hundreds of years by millions of human touches and kisses.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 12:55 pm

StuartN wrote:
I have been to plenty of "haunted" places where other people claim to feel creeped-out. Most had a sudden change in air temperature, or a cold draft, or the smell of damp. Some had sudden changes in light levels, such as bright light coming from a low level, which could dazzle.

This reminded me of this article, which I think is far more interesting than ghosts. :D

Carbon monoxide is also a culprit in ghost sightings.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 9:38 pm

i did once. actually twice.... but...not really anymore. it actually is really creepy and scary.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 9:50 pm

You mean that some people actually do believe in ghosts? I was not aware of this.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 9:54 pm

dupertuis wrote:

dp

I love watching Ghost Adventures. What I really wish is to be there in person so I can see for myself. What I see on the show doesn't convince me there are really ghosts because I can think of explanations for everything. If I saw it in person, I might believe it.
It would be cool to see some ghosts. I haven't seen any that I know of.

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 10:06 pm

Nooooope dont see them

sixth sence,no.....common sence,yep