Do you easily get tired of things you like?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

username88
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 6:51 pm

With music normally I dont. I can literally put one song that I love on repeat and listen to it all day every day and not get tired of it. Eventually Ill want to hear another song, but I never get tired of the original one. I can like a movie a lot but it has to completely blow me away to make me want to see it over again. For some reason I get tired of them easily. It also takes me a very long time to get over people I like a lot. For example if I had a crush on a girl in school and made a dumbass of myself, Id be madly in love with her for the next two years or usually more. I would move on per se and start liking someone else, but still not be over her in the process. It still kills me to this day how I ruined such great oppertunities for happiness in my past.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 6:57 pm

I rarely/never get tired of the things I like.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

03 Sep 2007, 6:59 pm

When I first read the title I assumed it was referring to anhedonia but I guess you mean over coming obsessive interest. I say in a very long time interval you can. The usual way you lose interest in an obsession is to develop a new obsessive interest.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 7:50 pm

I don't get tired of things I really like.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 8:21 pm

Rarely.Some foods that I have eaten,I will eventually get "burned out" on and never want to see again.(like Tuna,cant even stand the smell anymore,cant imagine I ever liked the stuff).Some music is connected to bad times in my life,so even if I like the music its association with "bad times" makes it painful to listen to.

As far as "obsessions",I never stop likeing the ones I liked,I just add new ones.I'm still interested and drawn to things I liked as a kid.I still think about people I have liked(especially old boyfriends),I never seem to really stop liking someone but just end relationships that dont seem to be "working".I still think about the people when something triggers a memory about them.I even used to contact and reconnect with them but would eventualy realize why I ended the relationship and have to cut it out again.It never seems to change my feelings for the person.(There are a few exceptions in people who caused such pain or stress that I get nausious even thinking about them.)

One issue, I have ever seen discussed,is that as aspies age,we may develop too many obsessions and have difficulty with one of the gifts of AS....focus.I find myself having difficulty staying on task when doing research because I have so many interests that have developed over the years(43),and I want to read about all of them or do all my crafts but dont enough hours in the day.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

username88
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 8:36 pm

Hey your just like me except Im 19.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 8:48 pm

username88 wrote:

Well,hang on to your hat,it gets worse... :wink:

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 9:19 pm

I just add to the things I like; I never get rid of them. :)

Except food... I do get sick of certain kinds of food, and sometimes I get sick of all food! And some people I liked (like my father) I don't like so much anymore. :P :(

Aseld
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2007, 9:27 pm

I seldom get tired on anything that I like, with the exception of certain foods. With music I can sometimes get tired of a particular song if I listen to it many times per day, but if I then come back to that song in a few months I am often in love with it again. I almost never get tired of other interests, for example computing.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 3:47 pm

I don't get tired of my interests. Sometimes I lose interest for a little while but it always comes back.

I do sometimes get tired of foods I like. Breakfest cereal is the worst. It's kind of stressful for me when I get tired of one kind of cereal and have to decide on something new to buy. Sometimes I just stop eating breakfest for a week or two until I find something I like. At least I never get tired of pizza.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 7:51 pm

When I am no longer actively involved in an interest, it is catalogued as stored knowledge. With a couple of exceptions, I like just about everything I have ever been interested in, unless a person I was interested in turned out to be an idiot. I rarely become interested in celebrities for that reason.

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 8:27 pm

krex wrote:
username88 wrote:

Well,hang on to your hat,it gets worse... :wink:

I'm 50, and you're right. It does. :D

Maxx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Sep 2007, 8:51 pm

I rarely if ever get tired of things I like. I could keep at them for days at a time.

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 8:55 pm

never!

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 9:05 am

It usually takes me a really long time to get tired of things I enjoy. For example, it took me three years to get tired of Naruto.

devster21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2007, 11:30 am

The only things that stay steady in my life are cars, video games, cats, and i've been into this forum for a little bit now.

Things tend to catch my interest and i'll learn as much as I can bout them and lose interest in a day to a weeks time. Currently its coins, and earthquakes. Heres a list of a few things this happened with.
-baseball cards(2 weeks)
-mopeds(1 month)
-motorcycles(off an on for about a week at a time)
-late model bentley arnages(3 days... its turning into early vw beetles)