Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you choose the NT or AS life? Has that choise been taken willingly or unwillingly?
I choose the AS-life. I choose this more willingly than unwillingly. 54%  54%  [ 19 ]
I choose the AS-life. I choose this more unwillingly than willingly. 26%  26%  [ 9 ]
I choose the NT-life. I choose this more willingly than unwillingly. 14%  14%  [ 5 ]
I choose the NT-life. I choose this more unwillingly than willingly. 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 35

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 6:19 pm

I guess I live an AS life. I live alone and have absolutely no interest in the whole marriage/children thing. I just want to be left alone to pursue my interests. Luckily I have been able to make a well paying career out of them so I do have a job. I have no interest in changing or trying to force myself to be something I am not. If people think I'm odd, well it's their problem not mine.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 6:00 am

Hmm, I do a little bit of both.

Working is not a choice, I have to work because although I have this diagnosis, I am still expected to function in normal society so I haven't got the choice. Apart from the few workaholics you get, I think lots of people would choose not to work (especially full time) if they had the choice!

I don't want kids because I worry that I might pass my AS down to them and it wouldn't be fair on the children. If the AS has made me unhappy, then it will make my kids unhappy, so that's exhausted that one. But I do desire to date, get married, and settle down. Hopefully I will be doing this very soon, because I've already got someone in mind, who definitely likes me (he liked me first).
In the meantime, I also desire friendships and I enjoy interacting with people, although I do sometimes get nervous of it, because of my social anxiety, which I am not happy about and am willing to try out CBT counseling to help or even just talk about it and see what happens.

I said a little bit of both earlier, which means I do enjoy creating things that revolve around my special interest. My current special interest is bus-drivers, and I do spend a lot of my spare time writing stories about them, drawing pictures of them, making up little archives about them, and even making little cut-outs of them out of paper. I call this the Aspie part of my lifestyle, because it's rather odd but is enjoyable to me.

So that just about explains my lifestyle, and what I'm currently doing now, and what I want for the years to come. I am unhappy at the moment about being the way I am, but I do have a feeling things will get better for me. I just need to stay positive about that one.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 10:38 am

I chose the AS life willing. I don't see this as a choice, it is who i am. I was born this way.
Why try and hide who i am when people like me for who i am?

I have no desire to fit in with clones or sheep.

theshawngorton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Mar 2013, 10:41 am

Chloe33 wrote:
I chose the AS life willing. I don't see this as a choice, it is who i am. I was born this way.
Why try and hide who i am when people like me for who i am?

I have no desire to fit in with clones or sheep.

YAY FOR BEING US! :D