Page 20 of 38 [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 38  Next

JerryM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2014, 3:09 pm

Most of these are things that have happened to me before:

-When the people you live with bang on the door and tell you to change the song cause they're tired of hearing it over and over.

-When you get taken aback that your friends don't care that Eric Stolz was originally cast as Marty, all the shooting for BTTF was done at night due to Michael J Fox's work schedule and the movie was made because the directors wondered if they would be friends with their parents if they went back in time to their high school.

-When you're all of a sudden in a bad mood and can't figure out why until an hour later.

-When you go out to eat and tell a friend off cause they changed their mind about where you're going.

-When you realize you've just spent the last hour talking to your friend about the wonders and history of Geo without them saying a word.

-When you've noticed that you're turning an ordinary chair into a rocking chair.

-When you worry about your friends because one of them is supposedly a "back seat driver" and you're positive they're gonna crash their car cause they can't see past the guy in the front seat.

-When you tell your buddies you can't hang out cause you're hanging out with your Sims (guilty of this one :P)

-When your favorite part of the dance floor is the corner.

-When you check your watch 15 times in 2 seconds before realizing you don't care what time it is.

-When your sensory overload makes you think you're just another voice in the crowd and when you take advantage of it, it gets quiet and everyone stares at you (another true story).

-When your friend tells you a story about their friend Kevin and it puts you in a rotten mood because it reminded you of bad memories you can't shake of another, unrelated Kevin.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm

You orginzise your books by character.

untilwereturn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2014, 10:30 am

sethzack wrote:
I do that too, that's why I am always early to a movie and get to pick the middle.

I know this is a really old post, but just wanted to say I do the exact same thing. Most people who have gone with me to see a movie think I'm a bit odd, but I always try to position myself optimally in the middle in the first rows after the pinched-neck-nerve section.

Also, it's an absolute must for me to see the previews. If the previews have already started, I generally won't go in to see a movie unless I'm with a group who insists otherwise.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 11:05 am

You hate people walking past your house

You would like to work in a supermarket but the only thing stopping you is the noise of toddlers screaming

You hope and pray your cousin doesn't come at week-ends because you enjoy having week-end afternoons to yourself

You wish so much that some places didn't use a loud BELL to alert staff when there's a delivery at the door

You think life would be better if instead of using bells or other loud sounds to alert people, use lighting instead. You know that certain lights can offend people with Epilepsy, but loud sudden noises offend people with Autism which is equally as important (in your eyes)

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 4:25 pm

... you plan to fill up your door bell with chewing gum!

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 5:32 am

Your boyfriend lights candles around you and asks if you both should make use of them. You ask "how?" and imagine how to use candles for example by burning something over them to see what happens.
It turns out he wanted to kiss you because of the "romantic" mood...

Your boyfriend hugs you. You get overloaded by hearing his breath and get a shutdown...

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm

You was having difficulty with working out some sort of maths at work today (a problem you don't often run into at work because your job doesn't generally involve maths), and you get completely confused, and one of your colleagues (who knows you have an ASD) is surprised that you are bad at maths.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2014, 5:00 pm

Joe90 wrote:
You was having difficulty with

You were having difficulty with

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

Piers
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Aug 2014, 9:37 am

... you start stating that, during a possible emotional argument, their facts are incorrect.

... the the sound of a siren or door slamming makes your senses jump into an 'odd place'.

... you try and explain something to someone and they never seem to understand, even though you've clearly stated what you mean.

There are so many more!

bguimaraes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2014, 10:23 am

When you starting counting all the numbers that appears around you (mainly plates of cars) just to feel calm...

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2014, 10:36 am

When you watch the same movie every Friday night. I watch the Movie Mr. Bean and not the entire movie just the stuffing turkey scene. http://youtu.be/E_Rabq4muu0

- Edgar Allan Poe -

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2014, 11:36 am

--- your wife chases you around the house trying to get a hug.

--- your in a room full of people and still feel alone.

Last edited by FallingDownMan on 09 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2014, 1:12 pm

You can see a friendship ending (one you didn't want in the first place) and you don't care. In fact, you don't even think about it, but when you do, you're relieved it's over!

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2014, 9:10 am

When you are on a plane taking off your husband jokes 'go and take a picture of the plane taking off' and you actually nearly go to do it...

Suncatcher
Toucan
Toucan

13 Aug 2014, 10:23 am

When you wear a coat even when it's 30 degree celcius outside because it makes you feel more comfortable. I always do this at work, people seem to get a heat stroke when they look at me.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2014, 10:40 am

- You flip because the phone is ringing and you're in the middle of something.
- You hear of someone's misfortune and you have a hard time saying anything about it.
- You get a headache from sensory overload.
- You get annoyed when you see other people doing things around you.
- You feel like a moron for not understanding what other people consider to be simple instructions.