Wearing T-shirts of your special interest

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 5:37 pm

This is something I've been doing for many years, and they're also a good friend-making tool, too.

I remember when I was 11, I used to (and still do) have a hardcore obsession with Spongebob. So, I wore a Spongebob shirt almost everywhere I went (to school, camp, the store, etc.) and that's how people knew I was a big fan of the show.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 8:30 pm

We were just talking about this - a bit different here. Bear in mind, when I was a tad of a land symbolic tshirts did mot exist. You wore horizontal stripes.

But: my wife was somewhat surprised that I WILL wear shirts with messages at all [she will NOT!]. I have worn a few - but only if they do not give away too much about me. The secrecy is more important than the message

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 11:18 pm

I'm wearing a Lion King T shirt right now and almsot all the time....I did as a kid too.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 11:19 pm

I have dozens of car and airplane related shirts and hats in my closet.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 4:13 am

I would like to own a whole wardrobe full of Tim Burton-related shirts. Right now I only have one, and it's of the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland. Based on searches I've done on Amazon, there seem to be a lot of shirts for Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands and Alice in Wonderland, but shirts of his other films are a little more scarce. I'm shocked that there's only one T-shirt of Sweeney Todd, but then again, I guess not many people want to go around advertising a film involving throat-slitting and cannibalism.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 6:28 am

I'm wearing one of my 9 Kinks T-shirts, right now. I have nothing to hide, from the world. I don't care, if it's not 1965. If people don't like the way, that I dress, than they don't have to look at me. They can leave their snide remarks, for their teachers. The funny thing, is that I haven't gotten any snide remarks, from the younger NT population, yet. I was picked on more, as an angry, punk rocker. I was less accepted, by the younger NT population, as a punk rocker, than I was, this summer. Yes, I can be a Kinks Fan, in today's world.

xemmaliex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2010, 6:38 am

if i could... i would lol
since early childhood, i have had an intense obession with pokemon, but ive never been allowed to buy pokemon merchandise or clothes or anything... oh well, i canat least get away with getting all the DVDs, annuals, pokemon cards, games, walkthroug guides, pokedexes, etc etc ad nauseum.
I have t shirts of AC/DC and led zeppelin though :)

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 7:30 am

I usually wear teeshirts, mostly band shirts. I also have Phillies shirts.

babybuggy32
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2010, 7:52 am

when i war t shirts its either something generic or something i really like i wore a marijuana t yesterday lol

Koopa-Kid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2010, 9:23 am

I do have a ton of Nintendo, Gaming and Comic T-Shirts. However I dont wear them that much because I feel having designs like that on your T-Shirt draw attention to ones self and when im out and about I like to fly under the radar most of the time.

Just last night I went to pick up some pizza we ordered and I was wearing a "Fist pump'in like champs" T-Shirt and got some laughs and some strange looks lol.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 9:25 am

I don't have any at the minute, but...
I neeeeeed this t-shirt! It combines 2 of my special interests (evolution and apes) to make the ultimate t-shirt.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 11:02 am

T for me topic

I would like to design at least two dozen large T-shirts emblazened with my various interests and then take the shirts and make a large quilt with them. I just read in my local paper of a woman who did this with her son's old sports T-shirts. :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 7:01 pm

I have these two:

Judas Priest Nostradamus Tour

Green Lantern

I wanted to look like this guy from tv:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 7:05 pm

roygerdodger wrote:
This is something I've been doing for many years, and they're also a good friend-making tool, too.

I remember when I was 11, I used to (and still do) have a hardcore obsession with Spongebob. So, I wore a Spongebob shirt almost everywhere I went (to school, camp, the store, etc.) and that's how people knew I was a big fan of the show.

Yep, I wanted images of horses on t shirts and anything else I could find. If there was an iron on of a horse at a t shirt kiosk I wanted my mom to buy me a shirt so the woman working there could press it onto the shirt. I would then get my name on the back of it in rainbow letters.

frag
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 7:25 pm

I only used to wear band T-shirts or something artsy if there was something on them, me serious youth wearing black... now I WOULD wear special interests shirts IF I could afford them. I only have one geek shirt.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 7:59 pm

I have a couple Honda Type-R shirts on order from eBay