Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jul 2007, 2:49 am

HankPym: I am so sad for u, i cant beleive u r homeless :cry:

Im sorry, do u have friends/family u can talk to

I have an obsession with time, its hard to explain but, in 1980, u were 20 years old correct????

They could not help u out??

WHat was it like it u dont mind, i mean, how did u end up homless, i bet u r intelligent, resourcefull, u have to be to survive without a home, u have nowhere else to turn???

If I was born between now and 15 years ago, well... i would also hope for more understanding of autism, i cant imagine how u and older adults feel, but i know, like many others my age (im about to turn 25) that we were diagnosed during the early understaning of autism, if i am correct, as far as being able to tell the symptoms as a small child go.

It must be so hard going thru life if u were born earler, not being able to be dx'ed until much later in life. Im soo sad for those that r older, who's life did not/could not turn out as it should have...

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 4:21 am

If I was born today, I'd be a baby.

But seriously. Okay. If I was born later than I was -- ie if I was a teenager and not in my late twenties -- it would be good to have know what the hell was so bloody "different" earlier than I did. Would have saved a lot of confusion.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 6:11 pm

Wow!

this is some thread:

Had I been born after Ian Dury had sung 'I am Spasticus, Spasticus Autisticus!' how different I would be.

Would I be me at all?

I would have almost certainly been pulled out of the education system at primary school and probably re introduced at secondary school. I would be very different.

There was no internet and certainly no WP when I was a child :(

But then I'm thankful for what I am, although I have taken a lot of s**t I know there were and are many thousands of others who have had much worse.

Last edited by iceb on 22 Jul 2007, 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2007, 6:12 pm

HankPym wrote:
there are points in what many said but, to get things out B4 the library closes,
Born today, maybe my father's alchoholism wouldn't have got him more or less quickly fired, fromhis work never working again , large strain on my family apart from everything else ( YES , THAT'S NOT " REALLY " ASPIE-ORIENTED IN AND OF ITSELF . )
Probably he'd have gotten some paid-for treatment,anyhow
Today , maybe I wouldn't have been committed involuntarily at 20,as I was in 1980.f**** UP MY LIFE!! !! !! !! !! ! :oops: :cry: :( :x
The lights here are dimmimg,apologies 4mispellings.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2007, 6:41 pm

woodsman25 wrote:
HankPym: I am so sad for u, i cant beleive u r homeless :cry:

Im sorry, do u have friends/family u can talk to

I have an obsession with time, its hard to explain but, in 1980, u were 20 years old correct????

They could not help u out??

WHat was it like it u dont mind, i mean, how did u end up homless, i bet u r intelligent, resourcefull, u have to be to survive without a home, u have nowhere else to turn???

If I was born between now and 15 years ago, well... i would also hope for more understanding of autism, i cant imagine how u and older adults feel, but i know, like many others my age (im about to turn 25) that we were diagnosed during the early understaning of autism, if i am correct, as far as being able to tell the symptoms as a small child go.

I'mrather time-obsessed myself .
Thank you
Yes,I was 20 in 1980.
Iam from NYState(Westchester County),basically,my adult family is all gone.

It must be so hard going thru life if u were born earler, not being able to be dx'ed until much later in life. Im soo sad for those that r older, who's life did not/could not turn out as it should have...

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2007, 6:43 pm

I "CORRECTED"theearlier posting somewhat

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jul 2007, 3:12 pm

WOW!

Ive lived in oswego NY for the last 17 years!

Im soo sad for ya, their is no services u r receiving, i mean its awful thinking that u r living without a home thats not cool,

what was your life like if i may ask? Im curious, i mean i dont wanna sound imposing, but how did u get to this point, i realize u r much older then me, and i did not get the kinds of services that i should have gotton growing up in the early 90's, so i cant imagine how u feel.

do u feel their is still hope to fix your life?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

23 Jul 2007, 5:21 pm

its really hard getting off the sreets i think, especially if you have some sort of addiction, thank goodness i never was adicted to anything when i was homeless mostely because i was to shy to panhandle. so i could never buy beer. i did hitchike though, anyways it really sucks being depressed and not being able to take a bath or anything, are you doing anything to help get yourself off the streets hank? :?

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2007, 6:37 pm

Beyondmoney coming alongall ofa sudded there is very little that " I " alone can do
I simplifyed the family ? I have a female cousin, for one, who as i see it has stolen away my % of some money from my parents-grandparents that should be mine however it would involve talking about what she did in Texas - where she is - and possibly trying to track down my mother's will - in New York State - doing anything would likely involve
I don't even have a phone
There are some social services here but it seems that the SS I am "stuck with" now is not real inclined to help on that front,there is difficulty getting along with them,in part because of things that happened before the Aspie diagnosis IIRC