Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 12:56 am

Jeffrey Hansford, 42, who has Asperger's syndrome, has made it to the finals of Countdown, Channel 4's popular words and numbers game. Jeffrey lives with seven others with learning difficulties in a care home and watching Countdown is part of his daily routine.

"Jeffrey was able to solve basic maths puzzles when he was just 26 months old, could write and tell the time at 32 months and started reading the dictionary when he was under five."

'I won five in a row on my first day so I stayed the night and won three more the next day - I am an Octochamp.', 'The prize is a leather-bound set of the complete Oxford dictionary. I've only read the concise version.'

He can also tell anybody the day of the week they were born just by hearing their full birth date, as he proved during his interview. On the show, producers reported that Jeffrey was deciphering conundrums before the Countdown music had even started - in tenths of second."

The final of Countdown is on Channel 4 TV in the UK (today) Friday 21th December at 3.25pm.

I'm sure we all wish Jeffrey all the best, and hope that he will win and become Countdown champion 2007.

New Story Link: The Final Countdown for Autistic Putney Man and about Jeffrey Hansford

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 1:51 am

Wow.

cool.

My life long dream is to be on American Idol (american version) which considering that I used to be a singer and whatnot, I'd say I've got a chance to at least get on Tv, before heading to Hollywood.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 3:35 am

I've seen this guy on Countdown and I suspected he had AS before I read this. He is very, very good and I hope he wins.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 3:38 am

My mum watches Countdown I absolutly find it the most annoying programme ever been put on TV it's that annoys me and when I was really young the close to the clock used to scare me. Anyway my watched it when that he was on the first time round and told that she suspects that he's got it.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 7:54 am

Good luck to him. I hope he wins.

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 9:13 am

actually both finalists are aspies so an aspie win is guaranteed.

unfortunately jeffery doesnt really stand much of a chance against craig, but i hope jeffrey wins anyway cos i hated craig! :lol:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 6:01 pm

Who won?

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 6:07 pm

Gamester wrote:
My life long dream is to be on American Idol (american version) which considering that I used to be a singer and whatnot, I'd say I've got a chance to at least get on Tv, before heading to Hollywood.

American idol is a waste of time where talentless hacks get yelled at by Simon Cowell... It's not worth your time... (In fact, I remember hearing somewhere that people with real talent get rejected because said people don't "fit" with the demographic that they're looking for in contestants...)

Also, what is it with reality shows? They're not real...

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 6:11 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
American idol is a waste of time where talentless hacks get yelled at by Simon Cowell... It's not worth your time... (In fact, I remember hearing somewhere that people with real talent get rejected because said people don't "fit" with the demographic that they're looking for in contestants...)

Also, what is it with reality shows? They're not real...

It doesn't surprise me one bit. American Idol and The X Factor is simply about making money and providing moronic 'entertainment'. Not for me, in other words. I live in Britain - we've been subjected to Cowell for years now. The man's a complete tool. I could provide the same service for a lot less money. All he's really saying is that people are rubbish.