Mystery 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

MoeTrashPanda
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2024, 1:38 pm

What dragon books do you recommend?

I will also take recommendations for your favorite books without dragons! I prefer books that are somewhat easy to process. I struggle to finish super wordy/boring books.

ʅʕ•ᴥ•ʔʃ I've been recommended a couple of fantasy/spooky books (The Exorcist, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time) in this forum, and have them on my list to be read soon--so I promise this recommendation post won't go to waste, I will read most of the books that strike my interest in your reply posts (at some point in the future :twisted:).

If anyone uses Goodreads, feel free to add me as a friend!: https://www.goodreads.com/moetrashpanda

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2024, 3:53 pm

I don't know if I'm out of style on this one but growing up I did read a lot of the Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman stuff like Dragonlance, The Death Gate Cycle, etc.. I was actually kind of hoping they'd make proper Hollywood movies out of Chronicles and Legends trilogies.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2024, 4:03 pm

I don't know how available these books are wherever you are, they're easily available in the UK but I don't know about elsewhere:

The first of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books The Colour of Magic has dragons in it. It's fantasy and it's a very long series of books (30+ I think) so if you like it, there's plenty more. Adults read Pratchett but I'd say they'd fall into the Young Adult category, difficulty-wise. It's a long time since I read it so I'm not sure how wordy it is. Possibly quite.

There's also a series I've been reading to my daughter called Tales of the Five Kingdoms by Vivien French and one of those was called The Flight of Dragons and, obviously, was concerned with dragons. So they're kids books but I really enjoyed them and I don't know why they aren't better known, they're much better than most kids books.