Very few women want Aspie men

Page 3 of 11 [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2020, 2:47 am

idntonkw wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
Very few women want a man with a neurological disorder its sad but true, even feminists with an open mind, an aspie male is awkward shy does not have a high paying job usually she wants a successful man with no mental disorders if she wants a man. Sorry guys but thats the truth if your an aspie.

Ok, so my dad found an attractive second wife who likes him for some reason.. but he is not depressed and he is always positive/optimistic and practical/smart.

On the other hand, I read that women married to aspie men complain of feeling lonely, sad, neglected, frustrated and unhappy because aspie men do not see them for the people they are and don't show verbal or physical affection. I guess it's like being married two a two year old or a robot. The thought of causing this to women and not being able to not do it or not even wanting to is scary.

I am not like this at all.
My partner/s needs have always been my focus of attention.
It is a spectrum, after all. ;)

Vegeta
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2020, 3:27 am

Ill keep trying, though i wont give up, my best bet is another aspie but many female aspies are hard to find or are misdiagnosed, maybe a feminist that gets paid the same as me i might get luck, im a feminist myself a sex positive rational feminist. Ill keep looking im not good at making moves and very shy though im sorry.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2020, 6:42 am

Vegeta wrote:
Ill keep trying, though i wont give up, my best bet is another aspie but many female aspies are hard to find or are misdiagnosed, maybe a feminist that gets paid the same as me i might get luck, im a feminist myself a sex positive rational feminist. Ill keep looking im not good at making moves and very shy though im sorry.

You shouldn't look for diagnosed partners, especially not if you are diagnosed yourself. Learn how to identify neurodiverse people, and then you will have a "pool" of potential ND partners. Just don't date them in the NT way. Meet them in activities so you can observe them at a distance and then your brains will more or less automatically form a connection if there is "chemistry".

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2020, 4:23 pm

rdos wrote:
Vegeta wrote:

You shouldn't look for diagnosed partners, especially not if you are diagnosed yourself. Learn how to identify neurodiverse people, and then you will have a "pool" of potential ND partners. Just don't date them in the NT way. Meet them in activities so you can observe them at a distance and then your brains will more or less automatically form a connection if there is "chemistry".

Sounds like good advice.

EliBarranger
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jul 2020, 7:03 am

idntonkw wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
Very few women want a man with a neurological disorder its sad but true, even feminists with an open mind, an aspie male is awkward shy does not have a high paying job usually she wants a successful man with no mental disorders if she wants a man. Sorry guys but thats the truth if your an aspie.

Ok, so my dad found an attractive second wife who likes him for some reason.. but he is not depressed and he is always positive/optimistic and practical/smart.

On the other hand, I read that women married to aspie men complain of feeling lonely, sad, neglected, frustrated and unhappy because aspie men do not see them for the people they are and don't show verbal or physical affection. I guess it's like being married two a two year old or a robot. The thought of causing this to women and not being able to not do it or not even wanting to is scary.

Vegeta - this is very true. It can be very demoralizing and demeaning and frustrating. But I am trying to look at it this way.....I was alone for 12 years (with just my children). At least now I am not. There are worse men in the world and at least we like the same things even if we are just room mates because believe me....that's what we are. I had a boyfriend who adored me in the past and put me on a pedestal....I had an ex husband and we had amazing sex.....so I don't have any of that now (but I did). No touching, no verbal communication of affection.....no affection what-so-ever. Like I said, I can't even tell if he likes me and when I bring it up to him....he calls me dramatic. The Neurotyp website says it's Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome....I can understand how and why. I am not even a year in......

But there are worse things in life. And he has children at home and they are also challenging. I moved in with him but most of my stuff is in storage so I can always leave. Once I realized that.....I was ok. I'm not "stuck" here forever if I don't want to be here and trust me, every day I question that. But he can learn and make changes. My ASD therapist taught me that. : )

Vegeta you can "learn" how to be affectionate and enjoy it if you are not. You can learn how to have a loving and caring relationship and be honest and true to you, if you want. Find an ASD/ADD or whatever it is you are, therapist and get appropriate therapy. It helps. There is no reason why you can't have a great relationship with someone who loves and adores you back.

Right now I am going inwards and shutting down ALL MY FEELINGS because of him. It's awful. Dating was supposed t be fun. I have lost so much weight my doc sends me for tests constantly. : ( My ass still looks great though so that's still a plus. So if you don't want to do this to a woman....go find a therapist that specializes in ASD and learn and be true to you at the same time and be open and honest with your girl. My guy is not open and honest with me because if he was.....we would be happy because I like him. Good luck Vegeta.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 7:15 am

Pepe wrote:
KT67 wrote:
And very few men want aspie women too.

I prefer aspie women. 8)

You know what?

So do I.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 9:33 am

EliBarranger wrote:
Vegeta wrote:

Ummmm, I have to weigh in here. I am a very successful professional and began dating this guy late last fall. Nothing was right about dating this guy from the start. It all came to light in January when he said something to me which made me change my course of research (I had already been researching why he was so "different") and Aspergers came up. I decided to continue to date him and it has been pure hell, but in the end, he meets a very long list of criteria I created around 10 years ago when I became a single mom (and haven't dated since). Who knew? Dating anyone requires work. The world is f**ked up to begin with. Oh and as for a feminist....I did everything on my own for those 12 years of being a single mom with no help from anyone including an ex husband who was 100% out of the picture including financially.

So, Vegeta, keep an open mind....a professor once told me.....there is someone for everyone. This guy drives me crazy....but at least I understand him (after spending months researching Aspergers and Autism) and despite all my therapists and friends telling me to run and run faster......I like him. (Yes, since dating him, I now have therapists - plural). OMG why?...you ask....because our brains are wired the same. Eeeeerily we have very similar tastes in a lot of things. And I see when his Autism is coming to the forefront....No other woman is ever going to put up with his meltdowns and his literal-ness and his forgetfullness and his lack of ambition and his lack of sex drive (which is killing me right now) and his anxieties and all kinds of other stuff.....but me. But I see that he matches my list, that I made over 10 years ago of what I wanted in a man and I have been single ever since I made that list.....that's a long time to wait. : )

The world is F**ked up and life is very short. No matter who you date...there are going to be issues and it's going to be work. I like him. Even if he doesn't really like me. Because I still can't tell. : )

Aspies are subjected to significantly more stress than the average NTs. Stress unless it is adequately vented will build up and accumulate in the body and lead to distress. This can be seen in his meltdowns. If he can learn effective tools for venting the stress, his body will return to a state called homostasis. His more normal state.

Perhaps the following books may be of help.

"In an Unspoken Voice" by Peter A. Levine
The Revolutionary Trauma Release Process" by David Berceli

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 2:50 pm

EliBarranger wrote:
My ass still looks great though so that's still a plus.

Could you post a picture? :mrgreen:

My ass-essment of you is that you can take this joke. ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 2:51 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Aspies are subjected to significantly more stress than the average NTs. Stress unless it is adequately vented will build up and accumulate in the body and lead to distress. This can be seen in his meltdowns. If he can learn effective tools for venting the stress, his body will return to a state called homostasis. His more normal state.

Perhaps the following books may be of help.

"In an Unspoken Voice" by Peter A. Levine
The Revolutionary Trauma Release Process" by David Berceli

Never a truer word has been said. ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 2:53 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Pepe wrote:
KT67 wrote:
And very few men want aspie women too.

I prefer aspie women. 8)

You know what?

So do I.

They are wonderful. <sigh> :heart:

EliBarranger
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jul 2020, 8:21 pm

Pepe wrote:
EliBarranger wrote:

Ohhhhh Pepe.....you have no idea.....I have a great Ass-ssessment. It's my best feature : ) Tonight when I leaned over to kiss him on the cheek, he looked at me in fear that I was going to want to have s*x with him. (He has children). I tried to initiate the discussion that everyone is telling me to have with him about s*x. He said, like he always does....he doesn't want to discuss it. He can no longer use the excuses that he's stressed, tired, stomach hurts, etc....He said the conversation wasn't normal. I said, Oh yes it was. I am screaming in my Head. Oh that's what I do. I scream in my head and I count things. LOL I don't scream for real.....it's sort of a euphemism. I am sort of a word nerd too and like to "play" with words. Did I scare you away from my, ass-ets? I said you never show me that you like me. You don't touch me. You don't say you love me. We are 9 months into this relationship. He said he hugs me. I'm like, no, I'm pretty sure it's me who hugs you. I can't take this rejection anymore. It HURTS. I am losing MYSELF. Where did I go? I want me back. But I'm scared Pepe that there is nothing better out there. : ( I hate this f*c*ed up world. : (

So Vegeta......this is why women don't want Aspie men.....they hurt you. Badly.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 8:24 pm

Thanks for generalizing about the way we were all born. Much appreciated. Keeping it classy.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 8:35 pm

I can't believe I'm bumping this topic we see every other week just to say how f****d up & sad it is that people are failing to fully see each other's humanity in favor of petty tirades about us not being good enough.

This is 2020 folks, we're supposed to be past this BS.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 8:41 pm

People are super positive about others lives, in general, unless those others are too different. Then they can't even accept our sexuality being different despite the fact that it's been a societal discussion for decades.

Are any of you seriously surprised that people are giving up? That's all you ever say we on the spectrum can or should do. I don't really want a love life anymore if it's only about testing me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 8:52 pm

I assume the OP is talking primarily about NT women as Aspie women are rather rare to find in public spaces....

When I was your age the tendency was to think with my dick and not with my head. Hormones make us irrational.

As Kraftie said you need to improve your odds with NT females by doing your own investigation about "what they want"

There are more terrifying things than walking up to an NT girl including public speaking or job interviews.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 9:26 pm

EliBarranger wrote:
Pepe wrote:
EliBarranger wrote:

Ohhhhh Pepe.....you have no idea.....I have a great Ass-ssessment. It's my best feature : ) Tonight when I leaned over to kiss him on the cheek, he looked at me in fear that I was going to want to have s*x with him. (He has children). I tried to initiate the discussion that everyone is telling me to have with him about s*x. He said, like he always does....he doesn't want to discuss it. He can no longer use the excuses that he's stressed, tired, stomach hurts, etc....He said the conversation wasn't normal. I said, Oh yes it was. I am screaming in my Head. Oh that's what I do. I scream in my head and I count things. LOL I don't scream for real.....it's sort of a euphemism. I am sort of a word nerd too and like to "play" with words. Did I scare you away from my, ass-ets? I said you never show me that you like me. You don't touch me. You don't say you love me. We are 9 months into this relationship. He said he hugs me. I'm like, no, I'm pretty sure it's me who hugs you. I can't take this rejection anymore. It HURTS. I am losing MYSELF. Where did I go? I want me back. But I'm scared Pepe that there is nothing better out there. : ( I hate this f*c*ed up world. : (

So Vegeta......this is why women don't want Aspie men.....they hurt you. Badly.

You should not have to stay in a relationship because you fear no one else wants you. (This is a toxic thought and it can actually lead to putting yourself in dangerous situations. I'm not saying you are currently in such a situation, but it is wise to change this mentality so that it cannot sabotage you later).

You should stay in a relationship because you want to, because you enjoy being with your partner.

I hope that you two can work out how to make each other happy, or that you can peaceably part ways and find your own happiness :heart: