A girl I just met gave me her number...

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DevilMayAsian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2019, 11:32 am

After 2 minutes of meeting this girl, she gave me her number. Afterwards we talked for a good hour, then we went our separate ways. She has all sorts of piercings and tattoos, plus some brightly colored hair. I waited two days to text her, the 2 texts didn’t Have the word delivered underneath it, so i’m Assuming she blocked me. She didn’t text back. It’s been a week now. I’m going to see her in class next week. What should I do?

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 12:52 pm

Forget about her and move on.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 1:04 pm

Don't even mention that you sent her texts, nor ask if she blocked you, just pretend as if nothing happened at all.

Talk to her only if she says hi to you first.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Feb 2019, 1:05 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
Forget about her and move on.
This also don't bother interacting with her unless she interacts 1st but she'd very likely wouldn't if she really did block you. At least you got a number & had a conversation for abit. I know it don't seem like much but you are still gaining experience with starting relationships. It's progress compared to someone who never even got a number & all the conversations I had offline were by women who only ever saw me as a potential friend.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 1:13 pm

"Ghost" her -- pretend that you never met, and show no interest in her.

She dissed you, man. She deserves no better treatment or considerations.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 1:59 pm

Personally I'd say to her that you might of made a mistake with the number she gave you as you've txt her and got no reply. There could be all sorts of reasons why the txts haven't been delivered , read etc.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 1:54 pm

She played you and if she tries to interact with you again, ignore her and move on.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 2:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
"Ghost" her -- pretend that you never met, and show no interest in her.

She dissed you, man. She deserves no better treatment or considerations.

Meh...give her the benefit of a doubt.

I say invoke the “Rule of Three,” which is a corrolary to the first rule: “Thou shalt not annoy.” In other words, a repetitive behavior cannot occur more than three times before it becomes annoying.

First time you try to make contact and fail, it’s a fluke. Second time, it might be a problem, but it might not. You can’t be sure. Third time, it’s not just a hint anymore. Get lost.

If you’re going to see her in class, you’re at liberty to take a more direct approach. If she as good as tells you to get lost, then “Rule of Three” is off. If you must say something, it’s just “I enjoyed our conversation. If you change your mind, you know where to find me. Take care of yourself and have a good one.”

This is also why I discourage dating in school, but whatevs...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 2:08 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Fnord wrote:
"Ghost" her -- pretend that you never met, and show no interest in her. She dissed you, man. She deserves no better treatment or considerations.
Meh... give her the benefit of a doubt. I say invoke the “Rule of Three,” which is a corrolary to the first rule: “Thou shalt not annoy.” In other words, a repetitive behavior cannot occur more than three times before it becomes annoying. First time you try to make contact and fail, it’s a fluke. Second time, it might be a problem, but it might not. You can’t be sure. Third time, it’s not just a hint anymore. Get lost...
That makes sense. Maybe it’s worth a try. I’m not so optimistic.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 11:45 am

Some people are very friendly when they're high. Some of them that get high forget they even talked to you. Ignore this douche.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 2:40 pm

smh :roll:

DevilMayAsian

19 Feb 2019, 8:34 am

Ok, she just texted me. I put the number wrong in my phone. Well she just wants to be friends because she has a BF. Wondering why she gave me her number in the first place?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 9:34 am

Called it :lol:

Giving out your number to someone you want as a friend is not unusual. I guess there is a chance you misread the signals and all she wanted was friendship , maybe she displayed the wrong signals and didn't mean it ? Who knows ?

And just because she has a BF doesn't mean it's the boy she wants to stay with :wink:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 10:06 am

DevilMayAsian wrote:
Ok, she just texted me. I put the number wrong in my phone. Well she just wants to be friends because she has a BF. Wondering why she gave me her number in the first place?
Ahh ... so she didn't diss you! That's nice to know.

[speculation]

She may be lining up prospective boyfriends for when she breaks up with her current one. Or maybe compiling a list of "interested" men that she can show to her boyfriend to induce him to be more attentive to her. Or maybe she really is telling the truth and she "just wants to be friends" (whatever that means).

[/speculation]

Who really knows?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 11:53 am

Fnord wrote:
DevilMayAsian wrote:
Ahh ... so she didn't diss you! That's nice to know.

[speculation]

She may be lining up prospective boyfriends for when she breaks up with her current one. Or maybe compiling a list of "interested" men that she can show to her boyfriend to induce him to be more attentive to her. Or maybe she really is telling the truth and she "just wants to be friends" (whatever that means).

[/speculation]

Who really knows?

The way I look at it, you can’t lose here. I don’t think keeping men on the bench is what most women consciously set out to do, but it does frequently happen in practice. I would just go with it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 12:12 pm

AngelRho wrote:
... I don’t think keeping men on the bench is what most women consciously set out to do, but it does frequently happen in practice...
Being "On The Bench" really sucks because you never know when (or if) you will be called out onto the field, traded to another team, or retired from the game without ever getting a chance to play.