What do YOU find attractive? Non physical only

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2024, 10:34 am

This is a thread with a very specific purpose.

Lots of threads here focus on desirable physical attributes, particularly the lack of them. Many people seem to feel that if they don't possess a prescribed set of physical attributes then they cannot possibly be attractive.

I'd like to encourage people here, especially if you feel your physicality is a problem, to think about the non-physical attributes YOU find attractive in other people and tell us about them.

Me? I like a woman with a strong sense of humour, the more absurd the better. I'm attracted to creativity, writers and musicians in particular. I like it when women are independent and hands on - one of the things that attracted me to my partner was that she taught me how to adjust the timing on my Mini's engine in the early days of our friendship. She's also pretty good with a chainsaw and once made a grandfather clock.

That's what I want to hear about: describe to me what you're looking for in a partner without talking about the way they look.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2024, 10:46 am

A nekoguchi personality.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2024, 10:55 am

Kindness and patience

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2024, 10:59 am

funeralxempire wrote:
A nekoguchi personality.

Can you explain what that is?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2024, 11:02 am

Men who are humble about their achievements, and those with integrity. I like when men know what their values are and they aren't swayed by public opinion, peer pressure, or politics. Consistency and a defined set of ethics really do it for me.

I like men who can work with their hands to build or fix things, or play a musical instrument. Labour and hard work is good but I also understand if they're disabled and can't work. I don't care if he reads or if he's academic. If he does, that's fine but he doesn't have to be exactly like me. I'd rather we share a lot of laughs and we like the same music. Music fills a space so it's shared, whereas books are read silently. That's why I think it's important to enjoy the same types of music in the house, in the car, or at gigs.

Liking animals is imperative especially if we're going to live together. I'm not giving up my animals for anyone. Likewise it would suck if they were allergic or always sick when they came to my house.

Oh, one more thing. I watch how men treat the women in their lives - mothers, sisters, cousins, friends, and even strangers like wait staff or doctors. That shows me exactly how I'll be treated down the road, when the honeymoon wears off.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2024, 11:58 am

DuckHairback wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
A nekoguchi personality.

Can you explain what that is?

So, in anime and manga you'll sometimes encounter characters with mouths drawn like this:

It's used to indicate a cheeky, mischievous personality, or that someone is knowingly being mischievous (if it's something they only occasionally show).

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... ulCatSmile

I'm pretty sure someone who literally has that smile would be diagnosed with a cleft lip, so it's not the appearance but rather what it represents symbolically.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2024, 8:10 pm

Nice thread!

I’m attracted to people who are open, open-minded, intelligent, empathetic, quirky, authentic, and who have a keen sense of humor because I love to laugh.

Since I want a partner in crime and best friend, having stuff in common, especially the big things, is really important to me. Being able to disagree in a respectful way when disagreements arise is good too.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2024, 8:11 pm

Cockney accents

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2024, 9:27 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
This is a thread with a very specific purpose.

Lots of threads here focus on desirable physical attributes, particularly the lack of them. Many people seem to feel that if they don't possess a prescribed set of physical attributes then they cannot possibly be attractive.

I'd like to encourage people here, especially if you feel your physicality is a problem, to think about the non-physical attributes YOU find attractive in other people and tell us about them.

Me? I like a woman with a strong sense of humour, the more absurd the better. I'm attracted to creativity, writers and musicians in particular. I like it when women are independent and hands on - one of the things that attracted me to my partner was that she taught me how to adjust the timing on my Mini's engine in the early days of our friendship. She's also pretty good with a chainsaw and once made a grandfather clock.

That's what I want to hear about: describe to me what you're looking for in a partner without talking about the way they look.

One of the biggest turn-ons for me if they are as big of a cheapskate as me and we have similar views on money.One of the biggest turn-ons would be if they are church of Christ.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Jul 2024, 9:40 pm

I can be attracted to seemingly contradictory things in different people so it's difficult to type a list out. It may be better for me to think from the opposite angle about personality traits I usually dislike & list their attractive opposites.

~Being accepting of me.
~Being sweet, nice & friendly to me.
~Not physically abusive.
~Liking lots of attention within a relationship & being clingy & needy with her romantic partners.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2024, 1:39 am

DuckHairback wrote:
What do YOU find attractive? Non physical only

• Compassion and Understanding
• Creative and/or Musical Talent
• Default Mood: Pleasant (all month long)
• Intelligence, Education, and Wisdom
• Mentally Healthy and Whole
• Respectful, Sincere, and Trusting
• Truthful, Both to Self and Others

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2024, 2:23 am

Kind and loving first of all. Understanding and tolerant. Smart, creative, and at least a little bit unconventional and quirky.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2024, 6:59 am

I'm attracted to people who do things. I.e. they find something(s) about this world interesting and throw themselves into it. Cynics wear me down.

Interested people are interesting.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jul 2024, 7:34 am

• Nice
    • Funny
      • Intelligent
        • Outgoing
          • Athletic

The last two are why I find cheerleaders so attractive since their athleticism and extroverted personalities serve as a counterbalance to the typical autistic traits of clumsiness and awkwardness 8)

Graves Knight
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2024, 2:02 am

What I would find attractive in a woman would be having an old fashioned sense of mannerisms in terms of speaking, how she dresses, and carries herself personality wise. (A modern day princess.) She's very humble, very easy to entertain, having actual hobbies of her own, and is intellectual. I could ask a random question, then that question could lead to hours of conversation.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2024, 2:26 am

Patience