Do I have to be all muscular to be attractive?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2024, 7:26 am

I'm tall and quite thin. I do use some weights at home on occasions. I think the muscle in my arms has bulged a little probably because of that. But I still don't feel that very interested enough to go and join a gym. I personally wouldn't want to look like some body builder with big muscles but I can't help but think that that is what a lot of men are doing now and I feel like the only one who isn't very interested and passionate on these activities. I do hear women say that it can be a turn off if all a man does is always go to the gym and talks about it and their muscles rather than focusing on having time with them. But I can't help that there are still a number of women out there who do like their men all muscular and so on.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2024, 9:47 am

Women have a wide variety of tastes and preferences. No person will be attractive to all women. Personally speaking, I might feel a bit intimidated around someone who looked like a body builder. Apart from that, I don’t really have much of a preference. I dated a couple guys who were a bit muscular and a couple who weren’t at all. It’s not something I care about or look for.

My answer to the question in the title: No.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2024, 10:05 am

No

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2024, 10:13 am

My teenage son is very thin (too skinny to my eyes), but some girls are definitely attracted to him.

For myself, I try to stay fit, but I've never had a desire for big muscles, and I've probably done better than most in regards to female attention.

But tastes differ, for women as well as men.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2024, 2:47 pm

definitely not, be yourself!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2024, 3:21 pm

Most women are looking for relationships, not one night stands.

Body building is a red flag!
All that working out suggests he may not put his share into making a relationship work.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

25 Jun 2024, 3:24 pm

My girlfriend finds chubby guys more physically attractive than muscular guys & she imagines that chubby guys are betterfor cuddling but to be fair she's always been overweight herself.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BillyTree
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2024, 9:40 am

To be attractive be the person you want to be. Some women (or gay men) are attracted to certain traits like big muscles, thin waistlines, tall height, a straight nose or whatever. Other women (or gay men) are attracted to the opposite traits. Pretty much everybody is attracted to people that are themselves and make no excuses about it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2024, 5:31 am

No

OrangeCloud2
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2024, 1:33 pm

I've gotten quite muscular in the last 2 years and women do seem more interested in me than they were before, but like a lot of autistics I don't have any fashion sense and people don't notice my physique.

And NT's don't pay the same attention to detail as us in general so unless I walk around with no top on or wear fashionable clothes that being it out no-one has a clue.

BillyTree
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2024, 3:04 pm

OrangeCloud2 wrote:
like a lot of autistics I don't have any fashion sense

In my experience autistics have as much fashion sense as people in general. There are autistics that wear ridiculus outfits while some have an exellent taste in clothes and look great, and the same goes for allistic people.

OrangeCloud2
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jul 2024, 8:56 am

BillyTree wrote:
OrangeCloud2 wrote:
like a lot of autistics I don't have any fashion sense

In my experience autistics have as much fashion sense as people in general. There are autistics that wear ridiculus outfits while some have an exellent taste in clothes and look great, and the same goes for allistic people.

Not saying your wrong you could be right but I have never met an Autistic that dressed fashionably, all the ones that I've met either dress really kooky or don't care about fashion at all.

BillyTree
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2024, 10:52 am

^I think Steve Jobs dressed in a style that fitted him without flimsily jumping along with every fashion trend.

OrangeCloud2
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jul 2024, 8:56 am

I'm not actually sure if Steve Jobs was Autistic. He clearly had some traits but I don't think he's been diagnosed or anything.

OrangeCloud2
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jul 2024, 9:07 am

chris1989 wrote:
I'm tall and quite thin. I do use some weights at home on occasions. I think the muscle in my arms has bulged a little probably because of that. But I still don't feel that very interested enough to go and join a gym. I personally wouldn't want to look like some body builder with big muscles but I can't help but think that that is what a lot of men are doing now and I feel like the only one who isn't very interested and passionate on these activities. I do hear women say that it can be a turn off if all a man does is always go to the gym and talks about it and their muscles rather than focusing on having time with them. But I can't help that there are still a number of women out there who do like their men all muscular and so on.

But working out and getting fit is a good idea whether women find it attractive or not. It has so many health benefits, lower blood pressure, lower resting heart rate, stronger muscles, higher testosterone levels etc.

But going to the gym and lifting weights up and down bores the hell out of me as well. And all you are doing is getting better at lifting a weight up and down which isn't a useful skill.

I prefer functional training, I like to swim, run, climb, and do martial arts. This way you are doing stuff that's more interesting and you are learning useful functional skills as well as getting fit.

BillyTree
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2024, 2:04 pm

OrangeCloud2 wrote:
I'm not actually sure if Steve Jobs was Autistic. He clearly had some traits but I don't think he's been diagnosed or anything.

Of course it's not a proven fact.