Has anyone had relationship counselling?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 6:20 am

I really need to sort out my issues with relationships, more specifically friends.

As mentioned once or twice, I have an obsession towards someone else (and possibly another person; but we're ok) and the way things are the moment, I really do not see us being friends much longer. :(

It was suggested at a meeting with my social worker that I have relationships counselling. Has anyone had this please?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 8:48 am

I have not had relationship counseling but I have had counseling on how to handle my past relationships. In this case, I learned how to let things go by way of writing fake letters.

Anyway, when it comes to finding a counselor, make sure you find someone who is not going to hurt you worse by giving you bad advice. That is, working with a cognitive behaviorist is not the best for relationships. Their methods are very cold and more scientific than human. However, a relational-cognitive therapist is always good to speak with. Then sometimes you can find a therapist who will just sit and listen to you spill your guts about your problems and then give you feedback. Those are the ones are I like as I had a wonderful therapist who just sat and listened to me. In fact, I would like to work with that one again.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 9:03 am

i was diagnosed as autistic before i was one year old.
i was mostly schooled in"special schools" when i was a child.

occasionally i was enrolled in normal schools, but i was always expelled from them in less than 1 year.
i really liked my psychiatrist (marie bashir) and she very much liked me, but outside of her jurisdiction i never did well.
i spent 95% of my school life in "special schools".