Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 2:11 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Let's go back to the turd analogy. I can say that it will happen with evolution, does it make it true? No.

Oh, okay. So you're the one who has the truth. :roll: Any religion besides your own must consist of fools.

Has it ever crossed your mind that another denomination or another religion has it correct, and you have it wrong?

And also...Anglicans are Protestants!! !

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 3:10 pm

Kitsune wrote:
I had a big nasty post posted up, dissing takfash or whatever, but I'm sure the rest of you don't need to hear it.

Aw-w-w-w-w-wk! Puk! Puk! Puk! Paw-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-wk!! !! !!

Who let that frickin' chicken in here? Shoo! Shoo! Get ah'ruv it, yer feathered freak!! !! ! Unless you're going to come back in a nice yellow bean and cashew sauce.... Ooooh..... I could murder for one of those right now..... *slurp*

Anticlimax.... :( That's the thing with overwhelming victory..... The anticipation is always better than the actual moment, isn't it....... :(

Bec wrote:
Has it ever crossed your mind that another denomination or another religion has it correct, and you have it wrong?

I would think it unlikely you'd get an answer in the affirmative from one such as he somehow.... I admire your optimism however.... Stick it to him,girl!! !! :lol:

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 3:49 pm

I think Kitsune is offically beaten in the game of wits. :wink:

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 4:42 pm

Bec wrote:
Oh, okay. So you're the one who has the truth. Any religion besides your own must consist of fools.

There are lots of extremely smart people in other religions who have either made an honest mistake, never bothered to analyze their religion's claims to conclusion, or never bothered to compare their religion to others.

I've given about 15 years worth of thought to the accuracy of my beliefs. I have little reason to be overly concerned with denominational differences because they agree on core doctrines. I have investigated the claims of other religions and found most to be dismissable do to inconsitent satements about the universe compared to science, the nature of their deities in relation to the universe, and deities with human shortcomings best expained by the deity being the result of human invention, or simply not having anything to gain or lose by adhering to that particular religion. The only religions I have yet to completely examine are Buddhism (which I have found nothing to gain or lose from so far), and Hinduism (I really could use information on this becuse some Christian scholars claim this to be the second most logical religion) due to a lack of information stated clearly enough for me to confirm or discredit.

Last of all, a lack of scientific information in the Bible is extremely wise.
Generally accepted scientific "facts" have changed completely since ancient times. Had anything scientific been written in the Bible that was consistent with scientific notions of antient times, it would have been discredited in the future. Had anything in the Bible been written to match present-day or even future scientific discoveries, it would have been discredited immediately back in ancient times and the prophet would have been stoned as a heretic. Therefore, everything in the Bible relating to science is written ambiguously or poetically in order to be accepted for all time.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 4:44 pm

tom wrote:
I think Kitsune is offically beaten in the game of wits. :wink:

Awwww gee..... Modesty forbids..... :oops: You are right though, obviously :wink:

P.S. I'm assuming you were referring to me and not ed or Bec..... Oh bugger, I'm going to look silly now........ :oops:

Sean wrote:
Therefore, everything in the Bible relating to science is written ambiguously or poetically in order to be accepted for all time.

.....and to be rendered capable of being bent, quoted and misquoted to whatever extent you might wish it so to do.... Nice little side effect there... :roll:

Last edited by TAFKASH on 08 May 2005, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 4:44 pm

Kitsune,
I am having problems with the PM function built in to WP.
Do you have an email address that you would be comfortable posting in public?

Kitsune
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 May 2005, 4:51 pm

Quote:
Oh, okay. So you're the one who has the truth. Any religion besides your own must consist of fools.

You just love twisting words around. Let's put in in a phrase you can understand. "Because I say that the turd will turn into an elephant turd does it make it true?"

No, it doesn't.

Quote:

And also...Anglicans are Protestants!! !

Well hmmm, if that had crossed my mind I would be sure to engage in debates to find out if I could get a real hole to appear in my beliefs...wait, I am!

Yes, the angelican church speaks for *ALL* protestants! It is a form of organized religion that operates similary to the catholi--wait a second, let's analyze this.

The angelican church operated, in these times, much like the catholic church.

The angelican church puts the king and queen as figureheads of the church, making religion law and thus allowing politics to become part of the church. Politically the catholic church had declared war on protestants. So the angelican church responded.

Walk up to a german and spit in their face, as Hitler was a german too, wait a second, just because they share the same nationality doesn't make them the same person, does it? WOW! I think we have something!

Quote:
Kitsune wrote:
I had a big nasty post posted up, dissing takfash or whatever, but I'm sure the rest of you don't need to hear it.

Aw-w-w-w-w-wk! Puk! Puk! Puk! Paw-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-wk!! !! !!

Who let that frickin' chicken in here? Shoo! Shoo! Get ah'ruv it, yer feathered freak!! !! ! Unless you're going to come back in a nice yellow bean and cashew sauce.... Ooooh..... I could murder for one of those right now..... *slurp*

Anticlimax.... That's the thing with overwhelming victory..... The anticipation is always better than the actual moment, isn't it.......

Bec wrote:

I would think it unlikely you'd get an answer in the affirmative from one such as he somehow.... I admire your optimism however.... Stick it to him,girl!! !!
---tafkash

Quote:
The policy regarding acceptable behaviour on the forums is as follows:

Personal attacks, which include insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect, are not allowed on the forums.

Aggressive, or offensive (i.e. sexist, racist, homophobic, etc), behaviour intended to provoke or belittle other members or groups of members is also not allowed. This also applies to Private Messages.

Administrative action, NOW.

Quote:
I think Kitsune is offically beaten in the game of wits.
Explain, all I see is either incoherant rambling following the lines of "You're wrong! Nope! Wrong! You can't be right because I don't want you to! I can't see evidence, nope!" Then personal attacks being made. Please, refrain from posting unless you have something productive to say.

Kitsune
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 May 2005, 4:55 pm

Quote:
Last of all, a lack of scientific information in the Bible is extremely wise.
Generally accepted scientific "facts" have changed completely since ancient times. Had anything scientific been written in the Bible that was consistent with scientific notions of antient times, it would have been discredited in the future. Had anything in the Bible been written to match present-day or even future scientific discoveries, it would have been discredited immediately back in ancient times and the prophet would have been stoned as a heretic. Therefore, everything in the Bible relating to science is written ambiguously or poetically in order to be accepted for all time.

Many things written in the bible, while not exactly science, relate to avoiding bacterial infection and other types of illness, as well as medical practices. It's really interesting, because they would have had no knowledge of microbial bacteria back then.

Quote:
tom wrote:
I think Kitsune is offically beaten in the game of wits.

Awwww gee..... Modesty forbids..... You are right though, obviously

P.S. I'm assuming you were referring to me and not ed or Bec..... Oh bugger, I'm going to look silly now........

Sean wrote:
Therefore, everything in the Bible relating to science is written ambiguously or poetically in order to be accepted for all time.

.....and to be rendered capable of being bent, quoted and misquoted to whatever extent you might wish it so to do.... Nice little side effect there...

Second offense, ADMIN ACTION IMMEDIANTLY.

Quote:
Kitsune,
I am having problems with the PM function built in to WP.
Do you have an email address that you would be comfortable posting in public?

Sure, Kitsune via wolvenmoon dot com

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 4:55 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Administrative action, NOW.

I don't know what you mean...... :? I really did have a chicken break in here..... Really..... I think it was a Little Red Rooster with a bit of a Mick Jagger complex, given the way it was strutting around and posing and singing "Let's lay an egg together" in that really irritating way that chickens do :roll:..... I just told it to pluck off though and that was the end of it..... I'm going to be picking feathers out of me Dyson for weeks though......

tom wrote:
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn´t it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don´t. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn´t thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

....And Marvin looks like one of those Sony robot pet dogs!! !! Sacrilege!! !! And Zaphod Beeblebrock has one head! !! ! No, I'm sorry, but it "flipping" doesn't flipping count!! !! ! AND FORD PREFECT IS A RAPPER! !! !! ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm sure there's something in the Book Of Revelations in there about that if you look right...... "And on the 10th day, Hollwood marketing types will sink their claws into THHGTTG and really nause it up....." :evil:

Last edited by TAFKASH on 09 May 2005, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kitsune
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 May 2005, 5:05 pm

Tafkash, you've been asked to stop posting due to your offensive nature. There's a difference between attacking beliefs and the person, I'd appreciate you either learning the difference or refraining from further contact with me. If you continue to post, I will press for administrative action. Your excuses don't cut it.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 5:11 pm

Kitsune wrote:
You just love twisting words around. Let's put in in a phrase you can understand. "Because I say that the turd will turn into an elephant turd does it make it true?"

No, it doesn't.

Honestly! Are you obsessed with poo? What does a turd have to do with anyhting we were discussing?

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 5:14 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Tafkash, you've been asked to stop posting due to your offensive nature.

Ahhhh.... Mr. Pot.... So glad you could make it..... Do help yourself to canapes, won't you? By the way, have you ever met Mr. Kettle by the way? Terribly good fellow you kn..... Oh, you have...... Oh, how terribly unfortunate.... Black you say?...... My, my.......

P.S. I see noone asking me to stop posting but yourself..... "Swimming with Sharks" they call it - I suggest you learn to deal with it...... Trust me, it'll be a great and much needed education for you.....

Kitsune wrote:
There's a difference between attacking beliefs and the person, I'd appreciate you either learning the difference or refraining from further contact with me. If you continue to post, I will press for administrative action. Your excuses don't cut it.

Funny.... I don't seem to be the one going around telling everyone else how evil, immoral and hellbound they all are...... That would appear to be you. (as Ghosthunter would say) hmmmmmm?

Kitsune
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 May 2005, 10:56 pm

Quote:
Honestly! Are you obsessed with poo? What does a turd have to do with anyhting we were discussing?

Everything, actually. It's organic matter so it's one step closer to turning into a living object then a rock from a big bang. It's a silly analogy that puts the theory of evolution into perspective. Life coming from nonlife, etc etc.

To further document where he cannot edit it

Quote:
Kitsune wrote:
Tafkash, you've been asked to stop posting due to your offensive nature.

Ahhhh.... Mr. Pot.... So glad you could make it..... Do help yourself to canapes, won't you? By the way, have you ever met Mr. Kettle by the way? Terribly good fellow you kn..... Oh, you have...... Oh, how terribly unfortunate.... Black you say?...... My, my.......

P.S. I see noone asking me to stop posting but yourself..... "Swimming with Sharks" they call it - I suggest you learn to deal with it...... Trust me, it'll be a great and much needed education for you.....

Kitsune wrote:
There's a difference between attacking beliefs and the person, I'd appreciate you either learning the difference or refraining from further contact with me. If you continue to post, I will press for administrative action. Your excuses don't cut it.

Funny.... I don't seem to be the one going around telling everyone else how evil, immoral and hellbound they all are...... That would appear to be you. (as Ghosthunter would say) hmmmmmm?

Once more, I am calling for administrative action. If anyone has been watching he has exhausted ALL three of his warnings and should be banned for a period of time.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 11:42 pm

Kistsune wrote:
To further document where he cannot edit it

Next time take a screenshot by pressing CTRL+PrintScrn, opening MSpaint, click edit/paste, save it, upload it to imageshack.us, and post a link to it here.

Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2005, 2:43 am

What an interesting religious discussion we have here.
I would like to go back to beliefs and ideas.

Capitalism benefitted alot from the idea of "Survival of the fittest" and Natural Selection. Basically, the ideas behind evolution itself helped bring about that competition is a good thing. It is okay to be selfish and be better then other people. It also brought some bad ideas like the belief that one individual can superiour to everyone else.

Wait a second here, the idea that one idea is right and all the other ideas are wrong goes back an extremely long time.

I have never blamed christianity for any harm that people have come to because of some other peoples excuses.

If people believe one idea is right and all the others are wrong.
If people believe that they are with the winning side, the good side.
If they can enact their will to support that side.
Finally if the people believe that they can do harm to non-believers,
Then you have a very corrupt cult

The few people that believe in the above cause harm and severly damage the faith for the great many that follow it.
Those few are what causes many people to counter the faith by believing in atheism. Also included are the mistakes by some of the leading members of the followers.

With Christianity, it has been so long that most of Christs original ideas are changed so much that the original would like strikenly different.

I prefer philosophy to religion because it is well thought out but other peoples ideas are different therefore I hold nothing against someone who passionately believes in something different then me. It is common curtesy for others to act the same way.

What many people take offence (me included) is when someone denounces facts we have found or maybe in the extreme sense tries to destroy them because they are not what the individual believes in.
The Romans destroyed the Library of Alexandria in Egypt because it was different then what they believed
The Spaniards destroyed the Library of the Azteks because it was Pagan.
The Nazis burned many books because it was against their beliefs.
The Chinese destroyed many works in Tibet because they are atheist.
The Taliban destroyed Budhist idols because they were against their religion.

We should all accept our differences and try to learn from them.
the Institute for Creation Research attacks many things in Evolution
(remarkably not "The Origin of Species" directly, it should)

Were you referring to "Theory of Intelligent Design" because it has some interesting aplications.

I think it is somewhat of a combination of the two.
Creation with the Big Bang and then evolution after life was created for millions of years.
If your not a fundamentalist, 6 days could be 25997 days on Jupiter.
Lets all have an open mind about the subject and think about the best possible anwser rather then flaming everything anyone says.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2005, 4:47 am

Kitsune wrote:
Once more, I am calling for administrative action. If anyone has been watching he has exhausted ALL three of his warnings and should be banned for a period of time.

Waaah!! ! Waaah!! !! :cry: :cry: The big nasty man keeps making me look an idiot by being much cleverer and much righter than me!! !! :cry: No fair!! !! !! ! Waaaaah!! ! Waaaah!! !! Mummy, Mummy!! !! ! Please make the nasty man go away!! !! !! I want to spout my hate-filled dogma without being proven wrong all the time!! !! !! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Waaaah!! !! !! !! ! :cry: :cry:

P.S. Kitsune - you really are a thoroughly unworthy foe...... :roll: