A question for people who've been here for a while.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 12:47 am

How have you changed, since you've joined Wrong Planet? The changes can be positive, or negative.

I'll go first...

When I've first joined Wrong Planet, I was very cynical. I was angry and bitter about my Differences. I was a rebellious little Devil and I was after my Parents and Family for the hurt and pain that they've caused me, in the Past. I've felt so uncomfortable with myself, that I'd put on an Austin Powers Act with every second, or third Post that I'd type. I was in hiding and I wasn't going to my Clubhouse. I wasn't in any kind of Spirit. I'd keep on telling myself that none of the stuff that I was doing, was on Purpose. I was apologising for being who I am and being born, even though I didn't use those exact words. I was addimant that I was growing out of my AS, and that I would never have another Obsession, ever again in my whole entire life. I was even trying to hide my Accent, because I was thinking thats what everybody wanted me to do, since I am in Canada.

On July 9th, 2006, as I type this post, I feel very Peaceful inside. I haven't apologised for being the way that I am, since Last November. I've done an experiment on myself by allowing myself to have a very special Obsession. At first, I've freed a couple of Routemasters from their seceret "Prison", which is my China Cabinet, and I've been moving forward, every since that Cold December Evening. Within a Month, I was back in the Cockney Spirit, and I still am, to this Moment. I don't stutter nearly as much, now. I only stutter when somebody asks me questions and I'm really not in the mood to talk. And that isn't very often. I'm holding my Head higher. I celebrate my Differences, instead of hiding them. I'm going to my Clubhouse, again. I'm even Shopping, once again. You already know what I spend my money on. :lol: And I'm much more pleasant to be around.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 6:50 am

My question to the rest of you is, have you've noticed a change in your own Attitude, Outlook or Disposition?

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 11:54 am

OMG! I can't tell you how freeing it has been to know that there are others that aren't "typical" and struggle with some of the things that I do and have experienced life like I do (to some extent). But what is the biggest bonus is the hope that I have for my son. So many have reported personalities similar to his and behaviors like his in childhood that they have been able to grow through and present a more acceptable way. I love and accept my boy the way that he is but I know that the world won't. This has been a huge blessing.

I feel more relaxed and now I can stop blaming my parents and environmental factors for much of my childhood distress. I just wish that someone would have recognized my situation and helped ease the strain!