Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

XxUnforgivenxX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jan 2012, 1:19 am

Hiya Fellow aspie gamers :)

So i have been playing a lot of skyrim lately and i have encountered some amazing sights.
Just the other night i came across a giant camp with a large purple glowing tree in a pond
it was at night and looked so amazing i stopped and looked at it for several minutes.
Also the night skies are fantastic.
So what kind of things have you seen in skyrim that has made you just stop,
what you were doing and just go WOW......

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 1:49 am

i have seen a ton of things but one of the things that shocked me was probably a waterfall i fell down.

i can't remember anything specific but i know that first look i got after coming out of the cave after helgen, i had to stop and look around. mostly though i'm so focused on my current quest i tend to overlook everything else, even my own health bar at times.

XxUnforgivenxX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jan 2012, 2:34 am

There are many beautiful waterfalls,especially in The Reach.
This reminds me of a less than serene waterfall experience i had when i first got the game.

I was mucking around in the river outside Riverwood playing with the current when i got swept over a waterfall and into a small area with another waterfall when a huge(at the time :) ) grey claw came out of the left side of the screen snapping at me as it flew past,made me jump a little :oops: later found out it was a large mudcrab been pulled downriver by the current :lol: .

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 3:13 am

The first time I saw the northern lights in the sky at night. It was beautiful. Also I love going through a forest or climbing a mountain during a heavy snowstorm. Blackreach was also nice to look at.

I'm 128 hours in and I still haven't seen everything.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 4:24 am

XxUnforgivenxX wrote:
There are many beautiful waterfalls,especially in The Reach.
This reminds me of a less than serene waterfall experience i had when i first got the game.

I was mucking around in the river outside Riverwood playing with the current when i got swept over a waterfall and into a small area with another waterfall when a huge(at the time :) ) grey claw came out of the left side of the screen snapping at me as it flew past,made me jump a little :oops: later found out it was a large mudcrab been pulled downriver by the current :lol: .

when i got out of helgen the first thing that happened is i got killed by a giant. he flung his weapon and i flew a few miles. :P

i found a huge mudcrab once i don't remember where, but i was walking up to it thinking it was a rock and then i saw his pincers, i crouched down and slowly approached it thinking it was going to wake up and brutally slaughter me. it was probably 3 times the size of a normal one. i have no clue where i found it but it shocked me a bit.

turned out to be harmless, but it surprised me that's for sure.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 5:37 am

Well there was particularly clear night sky when I was in Solitude with a really bright northern lights, it was simply breath taking, I have not been able to find a screen shot of something close, or have it hapen again.

Azura's shrine is quite something, you pick info about it from a rumour, but it is quite something when you see it. The Nightingal armour makes you look like a medievil Batman and I took some time checking it out. The place where they are trying to resurect the Wolf Queen. Finding out I could fill my house with torches that will light up when I leave then return. And hanging around Paarthurnax.

Also the first time I did enough a damage to a dragon that when it swerved towards me and crashed was really a wow moment.

XxUnforgivenxX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jan 2012, 5:48 am

[quote]Bradleigh - Also the first time I did enough a damage to a dragon that when it swerved towards me and crashed was really a wow moment.

I have not had it happen myself but my brother did and it looked pretty epic 8O

Also has anyone been attacked by two dragons at once?,its just happened to me for the third time
i had two dragons two wolves and a bandit where they all came from i don't know,i was just walking minding my own when BAM a dragon falls on my head ,i go to kill it then WHAM another thank the Divines for Marcurio my follower who distracted one for the most part so i could deal with the other whilst doing so the wolves and bandit show up 8O i'm kinda going WTF by then :lol:
after using all my potions and still almost dying Marcurio and me managed to kill all of them
just taking a break my heart is still racing :D

Thirteenth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2012, 7:05 am

Let's see, my top moment has to be the first time I stepped into black reach. Don't think i've ever been as awed by a game as I was for those first few minutes. Besides that, I'd have to list the time I got to battle two dragons at once in Falkreath as the guards and citizens are just going berserk and I'm praying I can keep both distracted so that no npc's that i may have use for get killed, as well as climbing to the tip-top of that tallest mountain (can't remember the name, the one with the greybeards and paarthanux) looking around in all directions, and proceeding to bounce down the mountainside till i hit the bottom, just taking in the scenery as it kept changing oh so slightly.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 7:10 am

I fought two dragons at once around the hotsprings/, my brother also fought two there, so there might be something to it. Actually the hot springs were quite a sight aswell, untill I fought two dragons and a nasty bear at once, there is not a lot of cover in that area.

Telekon
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2012, 8:40 am

It is a beautiful game. My favorite part is the area east of Markarth that looks like New Zealand. Parts of the game look like Antarctica, New Zealand, Northumberland and Western Washington.

Paulie_C
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jan 2012, 12:48 pm

I went to Skyrim and all I got was this lousy arrow to the knee.

Lol I love Skyrim although it's become too easy now I can just spawn 2 Dremora Lords on demand. Time to change vocation me thinks, dual wielding, ninja assassin with a penchant for enchanting...

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 4:32 pm

I remember that tree, it was glowing purple. It totally took me by surprise as my noob got adventurous and bored of the main quest. My favorite city I have found yet is one of the Dwemer Cities, made by Dwarves. I think it's called Markath. The whole entire construction of the city is incredibly beautiful and full of depth. I found it while on my way to assassinate someone for the DarkBrotherhood.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 7:46 pm

I'm starting to think that the dragons are forming gangs. I will occasionally kill one only to be immediately sneak-attacked by another. Once I killed two dragons guarding a word of power, using all my potions in the process and escaping with almost no health left. Then as I was approaching the word, a third dragon came from nowhere and killed me instantly. I'm just glad they haven't discovered rap "music" yet.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 8:18 pm

One-Winged-Angel wrote:
I'm starting to think that the dragons are forming gangs. I will occasionally kill one only to be immediately sneak-attacked by another. Once I killed two dragons guarding a word of power, using all my potions in the process and escaping with almost no health left. Then as I was approaching the word, a third dragon came from nowhere and killed me instantly. I'm just glad they haven't discovered rap "music" yet.

dang i've only ever encountered one at a time, though they have interrupted alot of questing. you can't turn in a quest if a dragon is in the area.

but yeah i've had a few dragons interrupt my questing sprees. and i also find myself fighting them in riverwood killed three dragons a few npcs died as well. :P most of them are smart enough to run except the guards.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 8:39 pm

Should I get this game for PS3 or PC?

Dang, I'm afraid this game will break my heart like New Vegas did.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 9:12 pm

snapcap wrote:
Should I get this game for PS3 or PC?

Dang, I'm afraid this game will break my heart like New Vegas did.
Pc if you want best graphics and most content, due to all of the mods that people create such as better graphic mods, new quests, terrain, game mechanics, ect... I heard Skyrim is going to have a Morrowind mod! Imagine that... Morrowind recreated with Skyrim Graphics, in Skyrim!