Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

enso
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Feb 2012, 5:07 pm

Well I thought I should introduce myself.

I am a 39 year old male from northern Michigan. I have no formal diagnosis but I recently am found myself with a petition of guardianship being filed on me and now the word is that I might have Asperger Syndrome. Over the last 2 weeks I have been doing some research and I think its quite likely true to some degree. In any case the court ordered evaluation will likely lead to a diagnosis or not here very soon. While researching the topic I came across this web site and it looks very interesting place. As I have internet access I will probably be learning and asking questions here or maybe just getting to know people around here. I never was any good at socializing in the real world but I tend to do well online.

shamless plug time:
I am extremely unemployed and soon to be homeless in rural northern Michigan. I willing to relocate anywhere I can for work even if I have to walk across the country to do so. Should anyone know of any work of any sort please let me know, or even suggest a good part of the country that would better my chances. I have a strong background in electronics, computers, and telecommunications (all the sorts of things that do not exist in northern Michigan). I am open to any job of any sort and I never found anything I cannot learn how to do with enough time to figure it out on my own.

The_Sleeper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2012, 5:09 pm

Whats a petition of guardianship?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 7:11 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

enso
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Feb 2012, 10:13 pm

The_Sleeper wrote:
Whats a petition of guardianship?

In short someone wants to control my decisions and assets much like a parent has over their children. A court will decide the matter and the court has appointed me a lawyer to represent me in the case. Right now I am not too happy with the situation but the petitioner is convinced by doing this I might be able to somehow magically get disability or some other assistance I was not able to get before. After speaking with separate lawyers I am getting the consensus that this will not lead to anything useful that I could not get on my own. Of course one of the reasons for joining the forum was to learn about my so called "condition" and how to best handle situations like the one I am dealing with.

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 1:59 am

Welcome. I hope you'll not accept anything that you would regret later.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 5:51 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 6:07 am

Hello

Invader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Feb 2012, 10:10 am

I hope you beat that petition.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 6:15 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Feb 2012, 6:23 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

enso
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Apr 2012, 5:59 pm

Invader wrote:
I hope you beat that petition.

Thanks and of of about 1 week ago today the petition was shot down. The VA stalled and stalled then in the end decided to refuse the court order to evaluate me. Then the court assigned one of their doctors and I had my evaluation at last. I was formally diagnosed with AS but at the hearing the doctor made a great case for my decision making and stated that all the unusual things I am doing to survive presently are due to my extreme poverty. He said anyone in a similar situation would likely make the same extreme measures as I have.

In the end a lot of people wished me luck and hoped things will get better but not one person decided to help in any real way. Funny how things work out this way. Well I am now free to leave this jobless tourist county and find work where I can. My best prospects for employment Lie about 1000 miles to my west but at present no viable way to get there besides grabbing a bike and starting off. I am not quite that desperate yet. I am going to try living in slightly larger town that has actual free meals twice a day. I will be just as homeless there but at least there will be food. My goal is to make my way to a moderately large city..maybe Chicago where my best chance of employment might lie. Its hard to find work in the phone business in these small towns. I need to get to a large enough city where I am likely to find major offices for major phone and communication companies. Maybe get my way into a provisioning center.

Well enough of all this. This topic was an introduction. and I tend to ramble on.